Taco Off Road Double Cab - Cabin Noise

Desertdogs

just purchased my 2017 Taco. Love it!!

however, it seems that big cabin filter on the left hand side (drivers) lets in a lot of noise, and I really notice it at slow speeds. ie driving around town.

Any similar experiences?

Fix?

Other than that, I love the truck!!!IMG_5127.jpg

I agree with Bogunn. I haven’t noticed any excess noise but then again, my last truck was a 2003 Tacoma with a roof rack so to me, my DC OR is as quiet as a Mercedes.

just purchased my 2017 Taco. Love it!!

however, it seems that big cabin filter on the left hand side (drivers) lets in a lot of noise, and I really notice it at slow speeds. ie driving around town.

Any similar experiences?

Fix?

Other than that, I love the truck!!!View attachment 12795

I have a 2016 Toyota Tacoma double cab trd and at freeway speeds the whistle wind sound is driving me in sane. So loud over the stereo and phone calls.

I’m not referring to a wine but cabin noise in general. After driving my 4Runner it’s almost intolerable in the Tacoma

I’m not referring to a wine but cabin noise in general. After driving my 4Runner it’s almost intolerable in the Tacoma
These trucks just seem to have a lot more cabin noise/wind noise than other vehicles I’ve driven. Toyota has improved it some from earlier gens but it’s still louder than most. My old toyota pickups it almost seemed quieter with the windows down. Haha.

These trucks just seem to have a lot more cabin noise/wind noise than other vehicles I’ve driven. Toyota has improved it some from earlier gens but it’s still louder than most. My old toyota pickups it almost seemed quieter with the windows down. Haha.

No doubt. That was the first thing I noticed test driving my gen three was how quiet compared to the previous generations.
On a gen one with knobby mud tires at highway speeds you couldn’t hear yourself think.

Back