Tacoma advice

AncestorTaco

Hey guys, new guy here from Texas. Currently got a '92 Pickup Deluxe (pre-Taco) with 489K on the original engine. I'm the 2nd owner (purchased from family member). More and more things are starting to break or have issues. I think it's time to sell and upgrade to Tacoma, but I have no point of reference. Some basic questions:

1. Are there certain years that have serious issues/concerns to look out for?
2. I'm pretty tall (6 ft.) and I get cramps because the seat of my pickup is angled back and low in the cabin. I need a flatter seat on a higher plane. Will I find that in a 2nd gen. Taco or do I need to look at the newer generation (2005+)?

Thanks for any direction on this!

Second gens got more room in cab im 6"2 and theres plenty of room for me, if your up north and buying used beware of frame rot it happens alot on tacos just keep an eye out btw second gen is 05 n up

2006 and above as they have the 6 lug axel for better support and bigger upgrades

Sent from my iPhone,
Tacoma06

Actually, the 2nd generation begins with the 2005 and goes through the 2015. All 2nd gen. Tacomas come in both 5 lug and 6 lug models. 5 lug are usually regular cab or access cab models, although you do see a few double cab models, with 15 inch wheels. 6 lug models are either Prerunners or 4x4s and are on 16 or 17" wheels. They sit up higher than the base 5 lug. All that said, they are identical inside. My AC Prerunner has lots of interior space. I'm 6'1" and don't feel cramped at all.

Back