Tacoma leaf spring recall

avx

Hey guys. I was reading an article that Toyota issued a recall for tacoma ' s 2005-present about some leaf spring issues. Do any of you have any detail or experience on what they are doing for owners with this defect??

Just got my letter from Toyota. I guess I have to wait for a second letter?? Does Toyota have replacement springs in stock that are free of this defect??

Still waiting on that second letter??? The dealers know about the problem... I guess toyota is not "up and ready" to replace all of the defective springs???

Yeah...
I feel the same way :(( I guess they are waiting for the repair parts to come into the dealer??? ****... I'm not in the mood to drop 400 plus bucks on parts that Toyota F@#$(# up the design work.. plus, not happy about the service I have been receiving from my NE Pennsylvania Toyota dealer.

My buddy just went to a Toyota dealer in East Stroudsburg, Pa he's been in service for 28 years. We live near Bethlehem, Pa

Well the frame repair, leaf spring replacements, have been a pain! If Toyota has a recall... they should have the parts to fix the problem. I don't think I'll be purchasing another Toyota from the above mentioned dealership. Lots of people have had poor service and bad experiences dealing with them.

I'm not trying to bad-mouth this dealership...
However, when I went into the service area and see a piece of broken leaf spring sitting on a desk and the manager not knowing about repair parts or when I can get my tacoma in repairs???....

This is very disturbing:( When I purchased my truck from them they also offered lifetime free PA state inspections on my truck and any other vehicles owned in my household. They ended up charging me 5 bucks for the sticker due to an increase in PA state fees. I know this is a small amount of money.... just don't make a promise that you cannot keep. I'm sure this dealership made money$$$ when they sold me my Tacoma. It has been the little things that piss me off.

Silverpataco.... Get service down in the Lehigh Valley :)) I was at Cabelas (Hamburg, PA) and stopped by the Toyota dealership across the road. Got oil filters for a buck less than the dealership mentioned above. My little brother just purchased a new 4-Runner from them and has been very happy with the sales/service provided.

I've got one thing in my favor. My buddy always does the right thing as far as service for my Toyotas. Doesn't matter which one he's worked for. Also, I can and have done any mods myself! I can pay for someone else to do them these days and I'm kinda digging that!ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1425564960.034075.jpg
I did all the suspension, body mount chop,bumper, winch, skid kit,wiring of all my upgrades! The FJ was so much funny wheeling it on the beach to mountains!

Nice FJ :))

That's great!!! Glad that your friend can hook you up. Looks like he does great work. Again.. It's the management at the dealership that does this crap... not the people working in the shop.

cleaning under my 09 access cab 4x4 Saturday and saw the second leaf (driver side) broken clean into. put some tape around it to keep it from falling out. this morning went to the local dealer (Rusty Wallace Toyota) and asked the service manager what could he tell me about the recall.
he said they knew just about as much as us. he said there would be a major recall, but Toyota did not have a fix yet and certainly no new modified design spring.
I looked straight at him and told him mine was broken and I knew it and I was notifying him that it was broken so if anything happened he now was officially notified.
he then told me to schedule a repair and they would change the broken spring pack with what was available today (at no charge to me). he also said that when Toyota finally decides what to do, I would be fully eligible for two new design spring packs also at no cost to me.
If you want it fixed now, I think they key is passing the responsibility of an accident to the dealer.
these guys were fair, but said I would be notified by Toyota, since they have already informed the NTSB that vehicles would be recalled.
just an update, maybe this helps you feel a little better.
PT in Tennessee

Wow...
I saw a broken leaf-spring on the desk of my local toyota dealer??? I'm thinking they know about the problem..
Just that engineers have not tested and approved replacement parts? I hate driving everyday on pothole/wash-board PA Rt. 402. It's a nasty road surface :(( Hope mine holds till replacements are available.
Interesting story Pturner.

Back