Tacoma Lift Question

JDMorris

Hi, I recently bought a 2008 Prerunner. The guy that I bought it from had no information on if the truck had been toyed with as far the lift goes. I was wondering if anyone could tell just by looking at it, how tall the lift is?

Attachments

• 1432691628464.jpg
    1432691628464.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 1432691644780.jpg
    1432691644780.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 56
This might be a better view to tell...I just have no knowledge in lifts and figured someone with experience could tell by just looking.

Attachments

• 1432700896255.jpg
    1432700896255.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 53
It doesn't seem lifted at all. I could be wrong... 265s shouldn't look stuffed under the wells if it's got a lift

Last edited:
It doesn't seem lifted at all. I could be wrong... 265s shouldn't look stuffed under the wells if it's got a lift

Ok, thanks. I also thought no lift was a possibility, and knew that prerunners came higher than base models. I just thought it seemed higher than others that I've seen. Another question: how do you measure the lift height? Is it ground to top of the fender?

There should be bumper heights in the shop manuals. I don't have a manual for Taco's, but every manual I ever had had a listing of bumper heights and how they are measured to gauge spring sag. Maybe somebody could look it up for you. With the factory number, and accounting for any difference in tire size, you should be able to tell what, if any, lift it has.

There should be bumper heights in the shop manuals. I don't have a manual for Taco's, but every manual I ever had had a listing of bumper heights and how they are measured to gauge spring sag. Maybe somebody could look it up for you. With the factory number, and accounting for any difference in tire size, you should be able to tell what, if any, lift it has.

Ok Thanks, that's what I was trying to figure out. Just if there was a standard way to measure a lift, for instance, ground to top of fender or ground to bumper.

Measure center of rim hub to top of fender housing and do the same on stock prerunner and compare

Back