Tacoma World vs Tacoma Forum

i should've inquired for asylum whilst at that legal Canadian border crossing :rolleyes:

how does Canada secure THIER border ?
They're a bit looser till you get caught, then you are detained for awhile, and then deported. Pretty easy to walk into Quebec following snowmobile trails.

They're a bit looser till you get caught, then you are detained for awhile, and then deported. Pretty easy to walk into Quebec following snowmobile trails.
isn't there a water and bridge crossing border out in the northeast?
anything west of Minnesota looks like land border and VERY remote, some of the legal crossings are only open during certain hours!

If
isn't there a water and bridge crossing border out in the northeast?
anything west of Minnesota looks like land border and VERY remote, some of the legal crossings are only open during certain hours!
If there is I haven't been there. I've entered Quebec from maine, eastern ny, and vermont...neither crossing was over water. Maybe in western ny, yeah.

If there is I haven't been there. I've entered Quebec from maine, eastern ny, and vermont...neither crossing was over water. Maybe in western ny, yeah.
this is all i know of that northest area... i was under the impression it was all a waterway?

The St. Lawrence Seaway (French: la Voie Maritime du Saint-Laurent) is a system of locks, canals, and channels in Canada and the United States that permits oceangoing vessels to travel from the Atlantic Ocean to the Great Lakes of North America, as far inland as Duluth, Minnesota, at the western end of Lake Superior. The seaway is named for the St. Lawrence River, which flows from Lake Ontario to the Atlantic Ocean. Legally, the seaway extends from Montreal, Quebec, to Lake Erie, and includes the Welland Canal. Ships from the Atlantic Ocean are able to reach ports in all five of the Great Lakes.

Atlantic Ocean to Duluth Minnesota

this is all i know of that northest area... i was under the impression it was all a waterway?

The St. Lawrence Seaway (French: la Voie Maritime du Saint-Laurent) is a system of locks, canals, and channels in Canada and the United States that permits oceangoing vessels to travel from the Atlantic Ocean to the Great Lakes of North America, as far inland as Duluth, Minnesota, at the western end of Lake Superior. The seaway is named for the St. Lawrence River, which flows from Lake Ontario to the Atlantic Ocean. Legally, the seaway extends from Montreal, Quebec, to Lake Erie, and includes the Welland Canal. Ships from the Atlantic Ocean are able to reach ports in all five of the Great Lakes.

Atlantic Ocean to Duluth Minnesota
Yeah once in Quebec you need to cross the saint lawrence if going northwest into Quebec. There's a tunnel in Montreal, or you can go by bridge.

Why are illegal immigrants given a free ride on the tax payer's backs????? I certainly didn't vote for that crap.

I have no issue with LEGAL immigrants who have gone through the immigration process. Yes, I know its slow......sure the process should be streamlined, but it is the current process.

The "crisis" would diminish with a secure border.
I fully concur!

Over the weekend when grocery shopping a latino of about 30 years old started pushing all my groceries off the cashiers counter as he jumped in front of me, then put his few items in my place saying in broken english he can't wait for all my stuff to be counted up. Well this was uncalled for imo, and I got into a shouting match with him that you just don't do this. Well, to make a short story long, the 2 girls cashing, and bagging me out in the meantime called someone. A minute later a big guy came, and hustled this person off to another counter. I always let people in back of me go ahead when they have a couple items to check out when I see this, but that bozo over did his welcome.
Man that sucks no matter what his race or nationality is, I wouldn't put up with it either! Unfortunately I have a bad temper so the cops probably would've been called!

I too would let the person in line behind me move ahead of me if I notice they only have a couple items when I have a shopping cart full!

Man that sucks no matter what his race or nationality is, I wouldn't put up with it either! Unfortunately I have a bad temper so the cops probably would've been called!

I too would let the person in line behind me move ahead of me if I notice they only have a couple items when I have a shopping cart full!
All this Ahole had to do was stand in back of me a few seconds for me to notice he had just a few items and I would have told him to go ahead of me. Instead he was rude to do what he did. I never had that happen in all my years.

All this Ahole had to do was stand in back of me a few seconds for me to notice he had just a few items and I would have told him to go ahead of me. Instead he was rude to do what he did. I never had that happen in all my years.
Yeah I've never had anything like that happen either! My parents always taught me to wait my turn in line like everyone else, and that the whole world doesn't revolve around me! Just look at these entitled bratty adults we have now!

Back