TacticalTanTacoma build (2016)

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by TacticalTanTacoma, Nov 14, 2015.

1. hey guys, I'm new here. James ( taco cruiser) told me to join (I'm on TW as bflofoxrider).
    Anyways, I picked my 2016 trd off-road up the first week of October and quickly threw a few quick and easy mods on. Did a custom satoshi grille with mesh and letters from custom car grills, 50" curved lughtbar on the roof with relentless fab mounts, and 'ditch' or hood pods with mounts from cbi off-road. My truck is currently undergoing cosmetic surgery at the fabrication shop and I'll post those pics and info when I pick it up later this week. Bear with me on pictures, I'll upload them as my stupid iPhone allows. Also, I'm in Colorado if anyone local wants to hit some trails on the weekends.
    I've also changed my Instagram to be for my truck so its easier to follow the build and progress. If anyone is interested, my Instagram name is TacticalTanTacoma

Here's the day after I bought it.
    IMG_6792.jpg
    First thing I did was paint match the fenders (ignore the other mods pictured)
    IMG_7158.jpg
    The next pictures are throughout the minor mods I Did myself. 50" lightbar with relentless fab roof mounts, Light pods on the hood with CBI Offroad Fab ditch light brackets. also did a satoshi grille with mesh and letters from Matt At Customcargrills. Also traded hoods with someone who had a sport.
    IMG_7069.jpg IMG_7072.jpg IMG_7074.jpg IMG_7083.jpg IMG_7132.jpg IMG_7133.jpg IMG_7134.jpg IMG_7160.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Jcrownover5, woodydog and texastacoma like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    TacticalTanTacoma

TacticalTanTacoma Member

Sorry for the horrible formatting of the pics. Im not great at computer stuff. My truck is currently with Corey at Insain Fab in THornton, CO for some custom work. here's a teaser, if theres enough interest maybe ill dig up some more teasers to post until I pick it up later this week.

IMG_7172.jpg

4. silverpataco

silverpataco Well-Known Member

So a light bar, paint or vinyl on Tacoma in the grill and a winch bumper with winch so far?

5. OP
    TacticalTanTacoma

TacticalTanTacoma Member

Light bar, light pods, and grille are the only "mods" so far. I'm impressed at how quickly others do their builds, mine will be slower, but worth it. When my truck is back I'll post the other mods but one of them will be front bumper.

6. silverpataco

silverpataco Well-Known Member

I've been rebuild an old one for about four months!! Almost done! Just All Pro sliders bolted and welded with Line X !!!

7. ecotecin

ecotecin Well-Known Member

Looks good, i really like the color of that truck. It almost makes me wish i would have waited to get mine, so i could have gotten one of those. Im happy with mine though, no regrets on getting it. Your truck looks good man, but if it were mine, i believe i would have left the flares black, kind of breaks up the color scheme a little bit.

TacticalTanTacoma likes this.
  8. oh!yea

oh!yea Active Member

I like it

TacticalTanTacoma likes this.
  9. OreoCat

OreoCat Well-Known Member

You should do the flag theme on the back and side Tacoma logos..

10. NapalmTRD

NapalmTRD Well-Known Member

I like paint matched flares and two-toned flares, but non-painted flares look a bit tacky.

11. bestantonio

bestantonio Well-Known Member

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1467170699.494673.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1467170711.994157.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1467170725.895540.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1467170735.564754.jpg ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1467170745.129444.jpg
    I just paint the lettering same color as my Tacoma quick sand.

daytrader and geekyadam like this.
  12. bestantonio

bestantonio Well-Known Member

If you paint the flares and do off-road they get scratch easy.. Happen to me and sucks is why I let them black

slowpoke likes this.
  13. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

Bedliner ftw

14. Mario Rago

Mario Rago Member

:)Love the American Flag Tacoma grill

15. Need that grill!!

Mario Rago likes this.
  16. Anthony Minnuies

Anthony Minnuies New Member

Where did you get that grill??

17. Anthony Minnuies

Anthony Minnuies New Member

I need that grill!

18. geekyadam

geekyadam Well-Known Member

19. daytrader

daytrader Member

I need that truck!!!

20. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Bestantonio was lost to a 4Runner on march 9th. He said goodbye to his Tacoma after many battles where waged. To many issues and not enough fixes. He will be missed. :(

21. geekyadam

geekyadam Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

OR17TRD likes this.