Text notifications not working while hooked to Bluetooth

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by chasek99, Sep 13, 2019 at 9:06 AM.

1. chasek99

chasek99 Member

I have a 17 TRD sport and when my phone is hooked up to the Bluetooth my text notification is mute, I’m more than capable with technology and can’t really seem to figure this one out, I’m assuming it’s mind numbingly easy to fix so I know when I get a text

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

Is this something that just started or been this way all along? Ive never had any issues with my taco but for sone reason my phone started acting up when in my wifes van. I took the van off my blue tooth list and repaired it to the van all over again, been working fine since.

4. dirtytaco

dirtytaco Well-Known Member

I had this happen. Delete your truck from your Bluetooth settings in your phone then re-pair it. Be sure to re-sync your contacts.

5. OP
    chasek99

chasek99 Member

Thanks for the help, I have deleted my phone from the truck and removed it from my Bluetooth and reconnected them to each other and still having the same issue. Odd that I can’t seem to get the notification sound to go off. Anyone else have any insight on the matter?

6. slapshot

slapshot Well-Known Member

Is notifications set to on ?

7. bdarnold12

I know this in an outside shot but are you sure youre phone is compatible with the Bluetooth in youre radio? I couldnt figure out why my e tune wouldn't work, finally after much much digging I found out my phone wasn't comparable, even though it is a current model phone. Everything else works on mine, its just the e tune thing.

Firulai likes this.
  8. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

What kind of phone? Apple or Android?

9. bdarnold12

Mine is android, LG V30 thin q. The I phones are pretty much fully compatable, its when you get to androids that some are and some not so much. I can't remember how I found the list now but I think I googled e tune and somewhere there was a thing to click to see compatable phones.

10. OP
    chasek99

chasek99 Member

I’m using an iPhone 8 Plus, I would think that should be compatible

11. dirtytaco

Yeah you shouldn’t have any problem. I started off with a 6s plus and am using iPhone XR now.

12. dirtytaco

Have you tried this? Open your Bluetooth settings, click the i icon I have circled
    IMG_2961.jpg

Then make sure your show notifications is on

IMG_2962.jpg

Attached Files:

Scott Wyman likes this.
  13. Bayern

Bayern New Member

... also make sure that messages are shown on „lock screen“ as well

Scott Wyman likes this.
  14. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

The "Show Notifications" setting is what I was going for.

Thanks for the screen shots D.T.!

dirtytaco likes this.
  15. OP
    chasek99

chasek99 Member

So far the show notification is the winner, we’ll see how long it works for haha

dirtytaco likes this.