Thinking of getting bumper and bed cover painted

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Jjay, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Jjay

Jjay New Member

Hi, never noticed this before, but is it possible to paint bumbers such as my 2016 Tacoma back bumper and black bed liner with a high gloss black lacquer or paint? The folding bed cover also. I'm thinking this would protect it and add a durable glossy shine and would look great.

Any ideas / advice ?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. DEERTAY

DEERTAY Well-Known Member

When it’s clean, everything on my truck is black, shiny, and sexy, except the tonneau.
    I actually was thinking of doing this today, but hitting it with a more satin finish cause mine is faded out.
    I’m feeling alittle lazy tho so don’t hold me to it lol.

4. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

You know your bed is made of composite right?
    That's not a bedliner
    Reach through the wheel wells and knock on it, or get under the truck and have a looksie

B-Man, Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  5. OP
    Jjay

Jjay New Member

Oh, okay. Thanks for that information!

6. OP
    Jjay

Jjay New Member

Probably look good! Thanks