JayQQ97

MW surVivor ... clutched. 353k on the 0D0
this is so terribly frustrating for it to be doing this
It's too soon!
Whut is the deal
It was OEM bearing from Toyota parts
:( :( :(

Last edited:
Once this bearing starts to chatter, how long until it needs replaced so it does not freeze up and get locked in or out of gear and got stranded

It is possible the Toyota OEM bearing was NOT used, the one in the purty red Toyota box from the dealer parts shop
The aisin kit from rock auto had some bearing or two in there as well as the pressure clutch plated and another disk

Last edited:
Is this the bearing that was installed on the worn out, wallowed out input shaft? If so, was the shaft replaced?

If not, then no surprise the bearing is shot already.

Good luck

It's a New shaft (if I recall correctly) on the rebuilt transmission from yota1 shop

Assuming that is true, then it is very likely not the throw out bearing making the noise.

Frankly, I don't think anyone on this forum, or any forum have the skills to give you the assistance you need or crave.

Plus diagnosing your problem scattered throughout multiple posts is nearly impossible. Coupled with your diagnostic techniques and lack of follow up on suggestions only aggravate the difficulty to offer assistance.

I'm sure you'll find another video to post which is remotely related to the issue.

Good Luck

This noise is what I am told would be the sound of a throwout bearing chatter
I barely put finger pressure on the pedal and the chatter goes away
The original throwout bearing only started this type of noise at around 290k miles or a bit after that... BUT it was not a constant chatter

Last edited:
pulled into the shell station last night to get out of the heavy rain
left the truck idling in N
came back out of the store with a sack of goodies
and WOW that truck is loud out in the quiet zone with all the racket of the throwout bearing chatter and whatever else that noise is coming from transmission area
:confused:

So the main question is, are you going to do something about it, or cry a river on multiple threads till somehow the problem goes away?

i don't know what to do?!!!

does the whole transmission and clutch assembly have to be removed again so soon or can the chatter be fixed without that hassle?
i don't know really how these wear like this so soon

If either the throwout bearing, or pilot bearing are an issue, rear driveshaft, transfer case, transmission, and bell housing all need to be removed.
Why are you so afraid to take it back to the guy who did the work, and let him see whats going on? If this shop is legit, they will take care of it, if it something they did wrong, or used a defective part. On the other hand if you supplied the parts that are defective, now your responsible to eat the cost of a new bearing, and all the labor.

Last edited:
unless the wrong bearing was installed or perhaps installed improperly, which is HIGHLY likely with all the sloppy sh!t broken damages found on the rig when i got it back in February
that AISIN kit from rock auto (that had the pressure plate/clutch cover with the fingers) for some odd reason had 2 throwout bearing inside and no pilot bearing

OEM Toyota bearing (throwout and pilot) were from the Toyota genuine parts dealer
i would think the genuine Toyota bearing in the red Toyota box would be of exceptional quality!
don't know at the moment which bearing was used, it was supposed to be the one in the red Toyota box marked genuine

but perhaps the rebuilt R150F input shaft is not up-to-snuff and put wear onit already?
i can't recall now what the rebuilder in CA told me about that months ago and which parts were replaced onit other than the synchros and some bearings

i still have a little over 7 months on the rebuilt R150F warranty... there might be a leaking output shaft seal onit that is yet to be determined where this weeping is coming from underneath

ONE THING is for definite certain

it is NOT making the racket this there here diagnosed as clutch throwout bearing chatter was before the failure, 3 years ago now is it?
repaired 4-May-2o21 after delay on picking up the new part in DSM

Thats no clutch throwout bearing making that noise in the video. Sounds more like a connecting rod knocking, or something off the crankshaft in the engine ready to blowup.

Last edited:
It did blow up the next day or after
Right into a moving fan blade
Charred up that blade bad enough to justify a new one at over 100$ new OEM
But the YOTA ase master tech told me the rattle was throwout bearing often enough to take his word as gospel truth and stopped pestering em about it

FML o_O

Back