Tires

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by wbfischer, May 4, 2019.

1. wbfischer

wbfischer Active Member

Falken widepeak atw3 in either standard load or light truck
    Vs
    Hankook dynapro at-m? They run about the same price.
    As far as use they will be on boat ramps, in the woods for hunting and everyday driving. Thanks for any input.

kp.taco, rkortan and B-Man like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience with either. Most people would probably go with the falkens. They've been proving to be a solid tire

wbfischer and B-Man like this.
  4. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Agree with Icarrasco, the Falkens have been getting good reviews!

wbfischer likes this.
  5. OP
    wbfischer

wbfischer Active Member

A question to go with that. Would you guys go with 245 or 265? Also any knowledge on largest aspect ratio tire I can fit withput problems? I thought about going To slightly larger tire nothing crazy

B-Man likes this.
  6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

What do you have? 2005 Tacoma 4wd? Prerunner? 2wd? lift? Stock tire are 245 or 265? rim size, 16x7? 17x7.5?

4wd or prerunner Tacoma 265/75/16 or 265/70/17 on stock is the largest you can go.

Ricks2012, B-Man and wbfischer like this.
  7. OP
    wbfischer

wbfischer Active Member

The 265/75r16 are what I was thinking of going with. Currently have the 265/70r16
    I figured an inch in diameter difference shouldn't be problematic

B-Man likes this.
  8. Ricks2012

Ricks2012 Well-Known Member

Thanks :D I've been wondering what size tire I could go up to on my 17 inch rims with a stock suspension.

OR17TRD likes this.
  9. Default User

Default User Active Member

IMG_3761.jpg

Ricks2012 and B-Man like this.
  10. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

I have the dynapro atm's. 265/70/17 they're good tires, no complaints here. I'd buy them again

OR17TRD, B-Man and Ricks2012 like this.
  11. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

. Screenshot_20190506-151630_Gallery.jpg

12. Garrick

Garrick Well-Known Member

Love my Wildpeaks, about 15k miles on mine so far and not a single issue with their performance in dry, rainy, snowy, or muddy conditions. Very quiet for an aggressive tire as well (and you can’t beat the price!).

wbfischer, Ricks2012 and B-Man like this.
  13. OP
    wbfischer

wbfischer Active Member

I'm torn on the Goodyear Wrangler Authority for $149 or the Falken wildpeak at3w for $143 both seem to have good reviews. I believe the Goodyear Authority is a Walmart only Tire anybody have any experience with them?

14. Garrick

Garrick Well-Known Member

I picked up the Wildpeaks from Amazon for $120 each, thought once you mount and balance the price you posted might be better.

15. OP
    wbfischer

wbfischer Active Member

I saw the $120 set as well. The ones i saw were standard 4 ply tires. The ones in my post are the beefy 10 ply slightly deepee tread as well. Ill check amazom though. Walmart has the wildpeak for $119 but they are rhe standard tire

16. OP
    wbfischer

wbfischer Active Member

Anyone tried running the skinny tires? Honestly thinking about going with the 235 85 16 falkens.
    Im generally either on the highway or if off road its usually muddy. See a lot of good things on jeeps running the 235s with great success

OR17TRD likes this.
  17. OP
    wbfischer

wbfischer Active Member

Well found a good deal locally on some kelly edge AT there isn't much online about them. Not a lot of good but not a lot of bad. They look real nice grip the ground great so far. Time will tell. But $105 a piece I was happy

OR17TRD, rkortan and B-Man like this.
  18. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I like tall and skinny.

B-Man likes this.
  19. Frank l

Frank l New Member

I just put on some general Grabbers and I like them , plus did not break the bank
    only $110 each at wall mart.

Scott Wyman, B-Man and wbfischer like this.
  20. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Got any photos?

21. Frank l

Frank l New Member

I am new here and able to post links or pics yet , just search them and you find many pics, I had them
    on during a snow storm in WV and they did great.

Scott Wyman likes this.