tonkatoy :: 1987 Toyota tacoma

New truck well atleast to me

Alright guys. Iam completely new to forums and Tacomas. Ive always had a ford 7.3. My buddies talked me into getting one and well I have completely fallen in love with it So I have a couple questions this motor has 80,000 miles on it the guy that had it before me was the first owner and took very good care of it and only used it on his farm and for hunting. what kind of oil should I be using? I have some pinging not much but Ive heard that 10/w40 would get rid of the noise, it concerns me. Would that weight oil hurt the motor and does it really help the noise. Next question I'm wanting to go up another 4" with the lift (NO BODY LIFT!!) just suspension is there a good lift ya'll would recommend? Im not looking to do something extremely expensive but something that is decent. Sorry for being lengthy one more questions How would the truck look if I painted the truck black im thinking a gloss black with tinted windows? just asking
Thanks and God bless

Welcome congrats on the truck! I'm sorry I'm not much help in the realm of suspension lifts or the long term effects of 10w40, but I can tell you that gloss black with window tints always looks good!

I always run 5-30 but I know Byrd runs 10-40 and I think he said it stopped the Toyota "click". it's worse for your milage tho.

The trucks made in the mid 80's and trough the 90's and even the 4runners typically with the 22r and 22re motors all have that tick. You can shim the valves but it will eventually return. It just the way those motors are and have always been. 1995 was the first year of the Tacoma. Prior to that the were just called trucks and or 4Runners.

Back