Tonneau cover

I have a TC for mine, I find though going down Forrest roads my gear gets really dusty. Any idea if you can cover up the holes in the factory bed?

Any opinions out there on the factory tacoma tonneau covers? I'm getting an offroad but I'm really wanting one with a factory cover. Should I keep looking for one that has it?

Also my local dealership said that they can't add the factory cover because the truck bed is specially made? Seems weird. You guys have any recommendations for aftermarket covers?

I'm trying to figure all this out so I can go ahead and buy a truck! Getting harder and harder to stay patient...

Any opinions out there on the factory tacoma tonneau covers? I'm getting an offroad but I'm really wanting one with a factory cover. Should I keep looking for one that has it?

Also my local dealership said that they can't add the factory cover because the truck bed is specially made? Seems weird. You guys have any recommendations for aftermarket covers?

I'm trying to figure all this out so I can go ahead and buy a truck! Getting harder and harder to stay patient...
None are waterproof, keep that in mind.
The best I've seen in terms of security, strength (it'll carry more than the trucks payload), and pretty damn storm resistant, is the diamondback.

I'm curious what's done to the beds... I bet they just notch out something or take off the rails... I find it hard to believe that they made a special bed "line" during production. I've been wrong before, but Toyotas been caught lying plenty of times.

None are waterproof, keep that in mind.
The best I've seen in terms of security, strength (it'll carry more than the trucks payload), and pretty damn storm resistant, is the diamondback.

I'm curious what's done to the beds... I bet they just notch out something or take off the rails... I find it hard to believe that they made a special bed "line" during production. I've been wrong before, but Toyotas been caught lying plenty of times.

Woah! Yeah I have to agree the diamondback looks pretty stout although I think I would value being able to take it off easily like a normal tri-fold. I would only have the cover on when I needed it for camping or road trips.

Woah! Yeah I have to agree the diamondback looks pretty stout although I think I would value being able to take it off easily like a normal tri-fold. I would only have the cover on when I needed it for camping or road trips.
Gotcha, it comes off in 3 pieces iirc, but it's heavy.
2nd gen here, but happy with my extang solid fold 2.0

Then again, it hasn't seen much rain.... Thanks Kalifornia

The rails are different for the factory tonneau. They are a $900+ option from Toyota when you get them on the truck.
They are decent covers but you can get one that’s just as nice (or nicer) for less money.
No cover is really completely waterproof as @Bojangles said but you can get any of them pretty watertight with a little extra weather stripping and adjustment.
If it’s a must have for you than wait to find one with the factory tonneau. But if it was me I wouldn’t let it influence my decision if I find a truck I want at the right price.

The rails are different for the factory tonneau. They are a $900+ option from Toyota when you get them on the truck.
They are decent covers but you can get one that’s just as nice (or nicer) for less money.
No cover is really completely waterproof as @Bojangles said but you can get any of them pretty watertight with a little extra weather stripping and adjustment.
If it’s a must have for you than wait to find one with the factory tonneau. But if it was me I wouldn’t let it influence my decision if I find a truck I want at the right price.
Well damn, totally different rails eh?
And now we know

Back