Tonneau cover

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Armtaco, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Armtaco

Armtaco New Member

Hi there I just got this retrax pro tonneau cover looks great completes the overall look of the truck check out the pictures. IMG_1359.jpg IMG_1357.jpg

laarpr, Scott Wyman, Timex and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Thibster

Thibster Well-Known Member

Very nice truck and I like your tonneau cover!

Boxerdad214 likes this.
  4. JonRod

JonRod Well-Known Member

Love that color!!!!

Boxerdad214 likes this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Nice tonneau cover

Boxerdad214 likes this.
  6. DwightSchrute

DwightSchrute Member

Those are on the pricey side, but damn that looks great!

7. jeff2542

jeff2542 Active Member

Looks good

8. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Looks good. Welcome to the forum.

9. mtbrooster

mtbrooster New Member

I have a TC for mine, I find though going down Forrest roads my gear gets really dusty. Any idea if you can cover up the holes in the factory bed?

10. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

I thunk tw has a group buy

DwightSchrute likes this.
  11. Callaway TRD

Callaway TRD Member

Sweet. Very nice. Just ordered my Extang Trifecta 2.0 trifold and Ionic Pro Series 5" nerf bars / Black Powder coated. Cant wait to put them on. Your truck looks sick. Nice.

Giddyupgo and OR17TRD like this.
  12. jeff2542

jeff2542 Active Member

13. Timex

Timex Member

Great looking truck. I just ordered a Gator FX3 tonneau cover.

14. sjoh527

sjoh527 Well-Known Member

Very nice! I'm looking at ordering one of these. Mind if I ask how you ran the drain tubes?

kfdunn likes this.
  15. Bridgelord

Bridgelord Member

Any opinions out there on the factory tacoma tonneau covers? I'm getting an offroad but I'm really wanting one with a factory cover. Should I keep looking for one that has it?

Also my local dealership said that they can't add the factory cover because the truck bed is specially made? Seems weird. You guys have any recommendations for aftermarket covers?

I'm trying to figure all this out so I can go ahead and buy a truck! Getting harder and harder to stay patient...

16. Bojangles

None are waterproof, keep that in mind.
    The best I've seen in terms of security, strength (it'll carry more than the trucks payload), and pretty damn storm resistant, is the diamondback.

I'm curious what's done to the beds... I bet they just notch out something or take off the rails... I find it hard to believe that they made a special bed "line" during production. I've been wrong before, but Toyotas been caught lying plenty of times.

Bogunn likes this.
  17. Bridgelord

Bridgelord Member

Woah! Yeah I have to agree the diamondback looks pretty stout although I think I would value being able to take it off easily like a normal tri-fold. I would only have the cover on when I needed it for camping or road trips.

Bojangles likes this.
  18. Bojangles

Gotcha, it comes off in 3 pieces iirc, but it's heavy.
    2nd gen here, but happy with my extang solid fold 2.0

Then again, it hasn't seen much rain.... Thanks Kalifornia

Bogunn likes this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

The rails are different for the factory tonneau. They are a $900+ option from Toyota when you get them on the truck.
    They are decent covers but you can get one that’s just as nice (or nicer) for less money.
    No cover is really completely waterproof as @Bojangles said but you can get any of them pretty watertight with a little extra weather stripping and adjustment.
    If it’s a must have for you than wait to find one with the factory tonneau. But if it was me I wouldn’t let it influence my decision if I find a truck I want at the right price.

Bojangles and texasred like this.
  20. Bojangles

Well damn, totally different rails eh?
    And now we know

Bogunn likes this.
  21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Yeah. They can be swapped IIRC. There has been people swap them around on the forum.

Bojangles likes this.