Tools...

They sell some nice creepers that one can take a nap on.

i cannot do one of those with my horrific neck issue
the current setup (when i cannot kneel and struggle to reach with one arm (both arms reaching often paralyzes my wretched neck so i try to avoid that which is not always possible) is laying on the hard concrete on one side or the other with a big fat pillow supporting the neck to keep it from collapsing
but that often hinders the use of both arms since one is pinned under

plus the places in the back that need reached are up really high thats not possible from flat on the ground to reach

FML

Many things don't add up in that arena.

My high tech creeper is a flattened cardboard box. Easy to slide on and under the truck, insulates from the cold/hot concrete, a bit of cushioning, takes no space for storage. Bonus, when dirty.....it just goes in the trash and another box is used. Cost.....very very very low.

@JayQQ97
There is a profession that can handle all that work for you. Your hands won't even get dirty.

now i need a deep one of these :confused: just bot a shallow one not all that long ago

1694439462114.png

You're better off buying only impact rated sockets. Cost a bit more, but last much longer. Except the 10mm. They still seem to go to 10mm land, wherever that is.

You're better off buying only impact rated sockets. Cost a bit more, but last much longer. Except the 10mm. They still seem to go to 10mm land, wherever that is.
All my 1/2" drives are impact rated.

10 mm sockets grow legs before it hits the ground. Then it runs to the most hidden, dark, dirty place under some heavy nearly impossible to move object. Assuming you're able to find it. Sometimes, I think the 10 mm sockets evaporate like brake cleaner spray.

Last edited:
What's with this neck issue? You work with your hands that are attached to your arms, and use your legs, and feet to get around with. I suffered a stroke years ago, and still have limited use on my right side, but still able to do enough small jobs to get me by. Just takes me longer. You adapt ways to get it done.

What's with this neck issue? You work with your hands that are attached to your arms, and use your legs, and feet to get around with. I suffered a stroke years ago, and still have limited use on my right side, but still able to do enough small jobs to get me by. Just takes me longer. You adapt ways to get it done.
You won't be able to take away the lame duck excuses.

That truck is destined for a slow death of attrition and ceaseless complaints about shops with plenty of reasons not to do the repair.

They all look pretty when new. I use mine instead of just looking at them.
just found out i need that 3 inch extension to get at the tranny fill plug
six inch extension butts back of ratchet up against the fuel rail harness clamps :confused:
front prop in the way otherwise

well well...
puck me
TekTon tools in Michigan NOW adds 5$ for 'small package fee' if order NOT over 25$
i have been buying needed tools as needed this year, one socket or extension atta time
now i cannot do that :confused:

1697720830744.png

Back