Towing question?

3000 for my truck , 3,500 for the car and 1,000 for the trailer..7,500. So not wise and would be bad for the tranny right

Your truck is closer to 4500lbs. I'm not sure what the GCWR is for the new Tacomas which includes the truck's weight and the load connected to it.

Tranny will be fine as long as you don't let it hunt for gears.

3000 for my truck , 3,500 for the car and 1,000 for the trailer..7,500. So not wise and would be bad for the tranny right
My access cab prerunner is 4200.
Maybe 200 is sliders, lightbar, and toolbox.
Jump on a scale.

I wouldn't tow anything with a Tacoma. It's light weight and I think excessive weight would make it fishtail.

I wouldn't tow anything with a Tacoma. It's light weight and I think excessive weight would make it fishtail.
That's a very intelligent statement. Based fully on facts, experience, and imperial evidence, right? The idiots at Toyota that rate the '16 Tacoma at 3500# without the tow package and 6800# with the tow package are just flaming losers who clearly never engineered anything.

I have towed 5400 with my access cab with no issues. But, and a big but, I have towed with tow trucks for 30 years and I have much experience. It handles the weight fine, no sway or excessive issues with the brake controller. Now without it? No way. So towing your 61 Bubble is not an issue if the weight distribution is correct on the trailer, hitch and truck. That being said, I recommend a spread axle trailer, aluminum if you can with steel undercarriage. Carson and Mirage build them. They are worth the money. Especially if you like me, and tow other people's crap all the time.

My favorite Toyota truck was my 2002 Tundra SR5 V-8 (4.7l). Great at towing my brother-in-laws 1972 Porsche 911 on a trailer and my bass boat. I tow my small bass boat with my 2009 Tacoma.... However, I really miss the Tundra. If your going to tow heavy items on a regular basis, I'd suggest a full-size truck.

Back