Toyota OEM Nerf Bars

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by NewTacoDad, Oct 19, 2018.

1. NewTacoDad

NewTacoDad Member

Can anyone comment on the quality of Toyota’s OEM 5-in oval tube steps (black) w/ top step pads as compared to the various aftermarket products out there? I know they’re expensive at $439, but are they a quality product that will last? Appreciate y’alls opinion...thanks! NTD

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Toyota doesn’t make them they have other companies make them and put their logo on it. I’m sure the 5” oval steps for $200 on eBay or amazon are just as good and will last just as long.
    Depends on if you want OEM or aftermarket.

Bogunn likes this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

This is dead on

OR17TRD likes this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

If it was me I’d save money and get them from eBay or Amazon. Look at product reviews before you buy.
    You can generally buy two sets of the same product for the price you pay for the Toyota logo.
    Not trying to discourage you from buying the OEM steps if that’s what you like though.

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. OP
    NewTacoDad

NewTacoDad Member

Makes sense...thanks for the advice Gents!

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.