TPS System

Desertdogs

Sorry if this a repeat; I did a search for TPS and Tire Pressure Sensors, and got nada.

2017 DCOR, only 13K on it. Still stock Goodyears.

TPS when truck is garage in morning says 27psi, gauge the tires - 30 psi at each corner. Ambient temp can be 70 degrees thru 100 (garage in morning to work parking lot before heading home); and same readings. Been going on for @2 weeks now. I’ve added air, let it back out to 30, even lowered tires to 20, and then aired back up to 30 (not driving at these other psi settings.

Anyone have any ideas or seen this before?

As I have never been a fan of TPS systems, except for trailers, this isn’t a deal breaker; but before I tell Toyota to fix it, I’d like to what the Taco world has seen.

The TPS won't give you an accurate reading when your Taco is sitting in the garage.......the truck has to be driven a bit down the road before they give you more accurate readings. Its in the owners manual........P. 468-478. If you have a reliable gauge......and your TPS warning light isn't on.......you're good!

Park your truck and turn off the engine, add air until 32 PSI and then turn the key to the ON position (don’t turn the engine on) then press and hold for three seconds the button to reset the TPS under the steering wheel and you will see the warning light for tire low pressure blinks three times. After that just drive for a while and wait until the system show you the tires pressure again. That worked for me.

Back