Upgrades

You just got them, right? This happens over some time.
He has a point about the headlights... I was researching projectors about 6yrs ago and try to keep up to date on headlights. The brands I mentioned have been **** for a loong time. Almost all cheap aftermarket lenses have clear coat peeling from the inside and the seams of the lens/housing leak. I've baked a few light housings in my oven and resealed them over the years for myself, friends and even a few strangers on Tacoma forums who sent me their lights.

It's how it goes, you gotta cut corners somewhere to make a profit while selling well below factory MSRP.

Look on more established forums about these cheap headlights, and try to find someone who's come back with output shots against a wall showing the cutoff, and anyone showing the glare/scatter issues. Many many many times they are ashamed and don't put those up... Then u have a few who can provide pics and the rest of us show our appreciation, causing some others to chime in and share.

Year later follow-ups tend to show the peeling issues when souls are brave enough to share. Maybe in Oregon Washington and the gloomy areas the peeling takes longer, but it happens.

Last edited:
Back