Vibration when 4wd engages

rec2570

Spent a good part of the day playing in the snow and noticed some pretty bad vibrations when in 4wd. Anyone else have this problem? Ideas on what's causing it?

Spent a good part of the day playing in the snow and noticed some pretty bad vibrations when in 4wd. Anyone else have this problem? Ideas on what's causing it?
Is it while your turning or does it do it all the time?

It does it when I'm turning and when I'm going straight. But it doesn't do it all the time. Just sort of randomly

Wheels out of balance or you have snow packed on the inside of the wheel.
Wheels are balanced. With some research I'm thinking my front bilstein 5100s at 2.5" without a diff drop might be why. I'll drive around some more and see if it still vibrates

Diff drop did nothing for my FJ or Taco and I removed them! It pivots the axle for an angle change does drop it! That angle change made no difference with any vibrations! It does put the two cast diff supports closer to the ground on the front side. Losing about an inch of ground clearance which I don't want! Your CV axles could be worn . Front wheel bearings one side or both. Tie rod ends. What year is the truck and how many miles are on it?

Diff drop did nothing for my FJ or Taco and I removed them! It pivots the axle for an angle change does drop it! That angle change made no difference with any vibrations! It does put the two cast diff supports closer to the ground on the front side. Losing about an inch of ground clearance which I don't want! Your CV axles could be worn . Front wheel bearings one side or both. Tie rod ends. What year is the truck and how many miles are on it?
It's a 2013 with 55,000 miles. But it only vibrates in 4wd, not in 2wd. If it was cv's or front wheel bearings wouldn't it do it all the time?

Back