Vibrations in steering wheel

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by stnsfnst, May 18, 2019.

1. stnsfnst

stnsfnst Member

Just put some bfg ko2 A/Ts 285/75r16's on my 02 TRD 3.4L and have had them balanced 4 times in the last 6 months since I purchased the tires. I've run the same size ko1 A/Ts the 2 sets previous to the ko2s without a single issue. Did i miss something? Because I've replaced the inner tie rods and ball joints on both sides as well as an alignment and still have vibration in the steering wheel. Its driving me crazy that I cant figure it out. Please help!!

paughms likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TheWhiteTaco

TheWhiteTaco Member

I had a similar problem with my 06, when I would brake at highway speeds my steering wheel would vibrate, turns out I had to replace the lower control arm on drivers side

stnsfnst likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

It’s sounds like a bad KO2 or two. Where did you get them from?

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I’ve heard of some KO2’s having a manufacture defect and causing these Sx.
    Can you put another set of tires on and see if it does it?

Default User likes this.
  6. Default User

Default User Active Member

Was looking at buying new tires, and I’ve been told BFG’s have had some “separting” issues.

7. Default User

Default User Active Member

Could also be caused by rims being too wide for the tire.

8. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

Have the rims and whee run on a balancer WHILE YOU ARE WATCHING! Bent rims can’t be jiggered. Oh, they’ll try....
    Don’t buy it.

B-Man likes this.