Waxing

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by Runninbear, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Runninbear

Runninbear New Member

Howdy People, My question is just what is gray baring before waxing. I never heard of it, A new thing? what does it do, and where do you get it ? Thanks for the reply's Runninbear

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Gray baring takes off the built-up debris on your paint so your next layer of wax adheres a bit better and lasts longer. Alot of auto detail shops use it.

Welcome to the forum!

BeardedVooDoo likes this.
  4. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Where do you get it?.........do a Google search and pick your choice of suppliers. There's alot of 'em!

5. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

I don’t wax. Hair is for men!

TucsonSteve, B-Man and Bogunn like this.
  6. taters95yj

taters95yj Active Member

Never heard of gray baring but I assume its the same as clay baring. Its good stuff, it pulls out all the impurities from your paint and leaves the surface's insanely smooth, especially after you throw a coat of wax on after. It's a lot off work but if you keep your truck fairly clean you wont have to do it very often

OR17TRD likes this.
  7. taters95yj

taters95yj Active Member

This stuff. Screenshot_20180701-202220_Chrome.jpeg

8. lcarrasco212

lcarrasco212 Well-Known Member

B-Man likes this.
  9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Haha I assumed he meant clay and it predictived gray instead of clay. Probably should have asked for clarification before some goes and buys a gray bar and rubs it all over their taco.

10. Larry Vaco

Larry Vaco Member

Just clay bared my Taco and put a coat of Ice on it , it is smooth as silk and washes great.

11. Funnyguy713

Funnyguy713 Active Member

Turtle wax. Spray it on and wipe it off.

Especially the hood and roof where the sun beats down the most. Your paint will Thank you in the long run.
    718tTscKWNL._SX425_.jpg

Bogunn likes this.
  12. BadHabit2Break

BadHabit2Break Active Member

As stated, clay baring is to remove impurities in the clear coat.

Look up Chemical Guys on YouTube and they have plenty of videos on how to do it. Then you either start your paint correction process (if needed) or apply your wax and sealant.