What did you do to (or with) your truck today?

from whut?

it seems perfectly healthy and still purrs like a kittyKat to me
truly amazing it is and nearing 350k

do you have factual evidence examples from the Gen1 Tacoma or T4R world with 5VZFE engines?
some have been very abused, mine has not been so that i can think of...
if it truly makes any difference or not IDK

Last edited:
Most gen1 owners here had the 4 cyl. that outlasted their 6 at the time. Sure you can keep throwing hundreds, and thousands into the truck, but to the normal working guy it makes no sense at all.

sounds like their tacos have been beat upon??
i do not do that to my taco
the most beating upon i do, which i consider to be good exercise to get them ponies going,
is to throttle down once outside of the traffic congestion in KCMO and hit that 95 in 5th on the smoothest parts of i70 all the way to the Lou... i.e., St Louis Missouri, until i see that most beautiful gateway arch
1712333834733.png

Rust is the biggest issue here, it has nothing to do with how hard their beat on. About the only gen1's that are still on the road had frame replacements, or their owners were wise enough to to do some sort of rust protection on them like I use to fluid flim my gen1 tundra every fall. Toyota during that time offered a buyout on the gen1 tacos vs frame replacement. My neighbor took the buyout on his 2003 v6 at 1 1/2 times the book value. He said it was too good to pass up. Probably why you didn't see a lot of 6 cylinder gen1 taco's on the road here anymore. Even that old pos taco that keeps parking next to my truck at the grocery mart is a 4 cylinder.

What did you do to (or with) your truck today​

Greetings from Springfield, Missouri gents. I'm back in town moving the rest of my sons stuff…. and i mean stuff, back to Texas (my middle bay garage is where it will sit) until he finds a house in Florida that has enough room for the rest of his junk. Everything is packed and, it looks like the wife and I are adopting my sons friend German Shepard. I got my hands full. Hope to be on the road tomorrow by 0800 hrs….

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
needing to get some tires rotated on them gen1 Michelins today at DT
let's get you taken care of :confused:

Hobbled underneath to check for the leaks
Saw borla muffler was a disaster of road grime and joint grease spray
Went at it with higrade CRC degreaser
Shinied it up and looks neater than it was getting
Got 5 years on that borla catback k now

Gotta take a ride to my shop later this morning to meet with a prospective buyer, or tire kicker....wants to look the place over.

i would like to look the place over myself
and kick some Gen3 tires to see how fancy they indeed are

Meet us there at 11 AM eastern standard time, and you can kick all the tires till your hearts content. I'll let you even crawl under my truck.

You missed your chance. At any rate kind of a strange get together. 10 guys show up in a variety of cars, and trucks. I give some of them a tour of the building insides while 4 other guys put up a ladder, and inspect the roof outside.
I ask the main guy there I've spoken with what he plans to use the building for.......answer....I'm not at liberty to discuss any of that. Well...all of them keep looking around for about 3/4 of an hr., then thank me for my time, shake my hand, saying we'll be in touch...then all get in their vehicles, and leave at the same time. Strangest show&tell deal I've had so far.:confused:

Back