What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Got my CaliRaised tailgate mount in so mounted my new FireStik back there. Used to use a magnet mount on center of roof for beat signal/distance. Relocating to the tailgate mount not the best location for ground plane, and I knew that when planning. I realised I only care about trail use and distance of signal isn't an issue there, and I really like the tailgate mount look (also my magnet mount on top kept getting battered by branches on the trail... Actually knocked off couple times). To combat the bad (missing) ground connection with that mount, I added a ground wire alongside the antenna cable down to a spot I scraped undercoating off and added a stainless steel bolt, lock washer, and nut. Just need to tune the antenna now, but don't have an SWR...IMG_20180802_210452.jpegIMG_20180803_184816~3.jpegIMG_20180803_183119.jpeg

Got my CaliRaised tailgate mount in so mounted my new FireStik back there. Used to use a magnet mount on center of roof for beat signal/distance. Relocating to the tailgate mount not the best location for ground plane, and I knew that when planning. I realised I only care about trail use and distance of signal isn't an issue there, and I really like the tailgate mount look (also my magnet mount on top kept getting battered by branches on the trail... Actually knocked off couple times). To combat the bad (missing) ground connection with that mount, I added a ground wire alongside the antenna cable down to a spot I scraped undercoating off and added a stainless steel bolt, lock washer, and nut. Just need to tune the antenna now, but don't have an SWR...View attachment 19791View attachment 19796View attachment 19797
All chinese to me....wish I knew about cb

Back