What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Any particular reason you went with King and not with Fox?
All of my local Tacoma friends run Kings and I've seen them beat the hell out of them without issues. Not to say they wouldn't have the same results with Fox but it's nice seeing the performance firsthand before buying.

Also, I scored the entire rear setup on an unbelievable group buy on another Tacoma forum ... so saving a ton of money is always good too. :cool:

Is it really a big job to install those? What is the worst part of it?
My friend had an air hammer and plasma cutter and it was still a 930am-6pm install. Tons of cutting/grinding/smoothing. The part that took the longest was grinding down the nubs from the factory lower shock mounts because you don't want to get too close to the axle with the plasma cutter.

Tacomaholic, do you know if the Fox set up is a Bolt-on to Tacoma's or is it as extensive installing them as the Kings were?
That's more dependent on the travel of the shock really (as opposed to the brand). Jamming shocks with 12 or 14" of travel into the stock mounting locations would hobble those longer shocks and potentially damage them since the bump stop would be useless at that point. I would guess that all brands for the 12 or 14" rear shocks would need to be relocated in a similar fashion.

Got a Transmission flush on my 2016 TRD off-road. Took it on a little trip through the canyons today. Trails were moderate nothing extreme. I am not sure what they put in the transmission from the factory but I am glad I got it out. My truck is better than the day it was new. Smooth shifting, no more waiting between forward and reverse, just a much better drive. If anyone is having issues with their 3rd gen auto trans..... I recommend a trans flush!

Back