What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Holy **** it was a pain, & the socket slipped the tape
I had around it & left it firmly on the bolt of course , it was pretty straight forward up to that point the other issue was there's an electrical connection hidden on top of trans you can't see ... At least it broke cleanly & re connecting was easy..
The things you lean on the job Lol

Reactions: 4wd
Not today, but I remember THIS day...

Been there a few times. Not quite to that extreme haha but definitely have had 3 or 4 extensions and even a knuckle to reach a bolt. What a PITA!

That’s insane. I’ve been there a few times too. That’s extreme though. I’ve had the misfortune of working on a few Honda cars for people. Those are the worst I’ve seen. I changed a clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing in a 85 Prelude once. I used every extension and u-joint I had at one time. Can’t say as I miss it. Lol.

That’s insane. I’ve been there a few times too. That’s extreme though. I’ve had the misfortune of working on a few Honda cars for people. Those are the worst I’ve seen. I changed a clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing in a 85 Prelude once. I used every extension and u-joint I had at one time. Can’t say as I miss it. Lol.

I always thought a front wheel drive car would be easily serviced/wrenched on but helllll no ! major pain in the ass...

Well u know ****s gunna suck when the engine is placed backwards, which then they fixed with backwards rotation.
Honderz

Well, I've got new 3rd member in & it's sealed & snug, diff lube is in & buttoned up tight I'd be rolling now except when pressing the ABS ring/retainers the guy pressed them on too far so off it comes (broken of course) He ordered new ones & are going to over night them so should be here by morning from L.A., damn, always some little bullshit thing when I'm so close to being done...

Ok, axles are in & buttoned up, drive shaft correct & tight , just gotta finish the rear brakes, bleed, put tires back on & theeeeeennnnnn lift off !! haha, Should be rolling in about an hour or so....

IMG_20171115_122408.jpg IMG_20171115_122420.jpg

Lot of work man.

It's not too bad except for those damned drum brakes , I still don't like doing them, wait till I do my lower ball joints /CV's/ Eibach coils, for me that's a lot of work (more in depth than rear obviously) It'll be fun tho'..take my time , crack a cold one ,hell might even twist one up
!! (doubtful, then I just want fritters man,ohhhh the fritters)

At least the weather looks good enough to work on your truck there though. I won’t bother putting the roof rack on until it stops raining here in Arkansas

Yeah weather's been nice for this, now I'm done send us some rain, we really need it...:)

Do you know what caused it to Grenade?

I was wondering the same thing.

Couple factors, we found that the original seal/bearing was pressed too far from factory causing a very slow,yet very certain death (internal leakage) & it literally bled out & I'm confirming a suspicion I've had for awhile,,, 1st gen TRD diff's aren't as strong as I had believed (Elockers)... Makes me sad.... My '83 could handle a V8 conversion, not so much with newer 1st gens & 2nd gen owners rest easy (3rd genners might need to worry TSB on diffs ), pretty sure they share the Tundra axle....

I should just pull the trigger & swap out with a Tundra E-locker axle , & LT this thing...

(although you KNOW by the time it's done there'd be roughly 15-20k into it,,,, still tho' )

Back