Whatcha eating?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bojangles, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

Fixed a few omissions in the recipe.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    texasred and B-Man like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks Festus!

4. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Hopefully I'll get the camera program fixed so I can post pics.

texasred, B-Man and Crawdad like this.
  5. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

6. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

7. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

It turned out that my camera program needed an update. The old program was deleted by Sony, and they didn't tell me.

OR17TRD, texasred and B-Man like this.
  8. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Dang! That looks really good!

Joisey and texasred like this.
  9. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

It tastes ten times better than it looks. Even the same recipe without the bacon in it is delicious.

texasred, B-Man and Bojangles like this.
  10. OP
    Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

And the request has been sent to the baker

OR17TRD, texasred and B-Man like this.
  11. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

It sure looks good! Gonna have to get the wifee to make that!

texasred and Bojangles like this.
  12. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

We don't eat white bread, and havent for the last 50 years. Rye bread and pumpernickel is bought unsliced and sliced at home. Both of those breads have more taste and nutrition than white bread, but all of them pale in flavor to home made bread. I honestly believe that store bought bread makers have stopped using yeast in their bread to prolong shelf life. Baking soda and baking powder are two ingredients that can be substituted for yeast, and both are cheaper.

I'll post pics of my turkey pot pie later tonight. In a deep 9 inch (no jokes, please) pie pan it weighs over 7 pounds and contains 3 pounds of diced turkey, along with 3 pounds of peas and carrots held together with a pound of a tasty thick sauce. One standard size slice will fill your belly. It's how I use the dark meat on the turkey, since neither my wife nor I like the taste of dark meat. If you guys like the pot pie I'll post the recipe.

Think Swanson turkey pot pie....but full of meat, vegetables and flavor along with a crunchy crust.

I'm going to make someone a great wife some day.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  13. OP
    Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Sounds great

texasred likes this.
  14. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I'm gonna need to double up on my cholesterol meds just reading Joisey's posts!

Bojangles and texasred like this.
  15. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

Are you using Lipitor?

16. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Simvastatin

texasred likes this.
  17. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

Ah yes, a statin drug. My wife was on Lipitor (a statin drug) for 10 years, no trouble. The she became plagued by shoulder pains, knee pains, hip pains, they would all come and go. She thought it was arthritis. Went to the doctor, he took her off Lipitor and put her on two capsules of red yeast rice. Same active ingredient in Lipitor and Simvastatin, but natural. Her cholesterol is lower than ever, well within normal limits and the pains are gone. It took about a month for them to go away.

Seems the body tolerates statin drugs for so long, then it causes inflammation in the joints, causing pain. For some people it's years, others do it after the first dose.

Just something to watch out for.

18. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

At 10 slices per loaf of bread, and 14 slices of thick bacon to a pound, figure about 3 slices of bacon in two thick slices of bread. You can make the bread with less bacon.

19. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Less Bacon???:eek:

texasred likes this.
  20. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

21. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member