Wheel spacers for feont end on 06 tacoma.

Qya1991

What do you guys think of inch and a half wheel spacers for the front end of my 06 tacoma so I can get some clearance for snow chains? Any input will be appreciated.

What do you guys think of inch and a half wheel spacers for the front end of my 06 tacoma so I can get some clearance for snow chains? Any input will be appreciated.
Meh, some say they cause premature bearing damage.
Some say they are no different than rims with a different offset.

If u need em, check spidertrax for their blemished section. Ive never seen anyone drool over wheel spacers before, and most of its covered anyhow. Save a few bucks

If you need them like bojangles said spidertrax has good reviews. Make sure you torque everything down right it’s around 85lbs on Tacomas and have everything centered. Remember to retorque After 60miles or so and then I would retorque them every 3-6 months depending on how much you drive. I’d be a little over cautious with them if I had them on my truck. I would never get wheel spacers.

Thanks for the info guys. So would running chains just on the back be okay? Or would it mess with the 4 wheel drive not having chains on the front?

So just on the back would be fine? I can put chains on the front anyway no enough room.

Yeah, chains aren’t really necessary unless you’re in some real bad conditions. If you’re out on old logging or mining roads with a lot of slush and ruts in bad weather that’s a different story. But everyday driving you shouldn’t need them.

I do a lot of mountain road driving like the logging roads no real nasty spots but would be nice to have chains at times when it's slick.

Back