Which spark plugs should I use for optimal performance

Agreed, oem denso.
Dont fall for the "this plug has 50 electrodes" crap... in the end, electricity follows the path of least resistance.

Also unless called for, no need for iridiums. Even then i wouldnt go 100k with them personally. Id like to see how the engine is operating, and i also like my heads with threads.

Reactions: SCH
Cool thanks! Just bought the oem densos today. Looks like I have a long drive back to CA from NC. I'm at 110k and haven't changed my differential oil. What do you guys recommend me changing it now or not necessary at the moment.

Cool thanks! Just bought the oem densos today. Looks like I have a long drive back to CA from NC. I'm at 110k and haven't changed my differential oil. What do you guys recommend me changing it now or not necessary at the moment.
Dump that crap soon

Ive been using mobil

Year?
Sport, offroad, or neither?

I think i seen U have an 07 sport prerunner?

If so, dont use synthetic, try and find dino 75w90, and make sure you use the friction modifier for the lsd.
Many ppl develope chatter when turning sharply when they use synthetics in the trd sports with true lsd.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjc
Yes 07 prerunner sr5
See if u have lsd sticker on the diff, if u do, id suggest not using synthetic, and of course make sure you use friction modifier (equa torq).
If you dont have an LSD, then dino or synthetic will work and no need for friction modifier.

Your designation of (sr5) doesnt give a clear answer. An sr5 can be special ordered with an LSD. The offroad has an open diff with e locker, and the trd sport has an LSD from the factory.
If in doubt look for a sticker on the back of the differential. If it says "LSD fluid only" then its..... lsd

I checked my differential there was a sticker, but no where did it indicate lsd. I also have a rear differential lock button on the left side of my steering wheel, but I suppose all tacoma owners have this? Not sure...

If my truck is a rwd, does that mean I have a front differential? I took the skid plates off and I can't find it.

Also is it true that your have to check the tranny fluid under certain type of temp to get accurate levels?

Please help me guys, thanks!!!

Back