Whippertruck

Nah. The mount is from Cravenspeed, the A/F gauge from AEM and the boost gauge from Speedhut.

Ok. Looks good mounted there. I know URD has something similar to that kind of gauge pod. How did you hook up for your air fuel ratio? Did you tap into a sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

Ok. Looks good mounted there. I know URD has something similar to that kind of gauge pod. How did you hook up for your air fuel ratio? Did you tap into a sensor?

URD sells the Craven pod.

The A/F unit has its own sensor. You have to get the bung welded into the exhaust and then you mount the sensor.

URD sells the Craven pod.

The A/F unit has its own sensor. You have to get the bung welded into the exhaust and then you mount the sensor.

Thanks for the info. I did not they were the same. So I take it you had to cut a hole and weld the sensor in? Sorry for all the questions on this but this is something I have yet to do.

Thanks for the info. I did not they were the same. So I take it you had to cut a hole and weld the sensor in? Sorry for all the questions on this but this is something I have yet to do.

Yeah just a hole but it has to be in a certain place.

Have you changed anything else? Thermostat, MAF, ect?

Nothing else done to the engine besides the blower and exhaust.

Yeah just a hole but it has to be in a certain place.

Nothing else done to the engine besides the blower and exhaust.

Great. Lol. Ok so how did you determine where it goes? I Don't really want to mess that up.

Great. Lol. Ok so how did you determine where it goes? I Don't really want to mess that up.

It's something like no further than 12 inches from the head down the exhaust. Then you have to angle it so that moisture doesn't build up in it. I haven't fully read the instructions.

I'm letting a shop handle that one.

It's something like no further than 12 inches from the head down the exhaust. Then you have to angle it so that moisture doesn't build up in it. I haven't fully read the instructions.

I'm letting a shop handle that one.

Thanks whip. If your able to can you post a pic after you get it done? I'll prob go the same route. Just curious. Also what are you running for boost?

Ordered DBA T3 slotted rotors. I need pads too.

4X4_page_05.png

It's alright now with the intake. I was disappointed with the numbers at the track but I'll have to try again now that I have the intake.

I'm pretty sure I will. I'm thinking URD's smallest pulley with meth injection but I haven't decided yet. I still need to install instrumentation to monitor engine vitals.

Did you change you MAF sensor when you added the CAI?

Did you change you MAF sensor when you added the CAI?

Sorry whipper. I meant did you have any problems with it running to lean with the CAI. When I had mine installed they told me I couldn't run a CAI. But I've been looking at the URD and the MAF sensor. Having gadget and his team set up the sensor to the set up I want to run. Any ideas or advice?

Yeah that would be a mean set up

Idk though. I may just stop where I'm at and then get a GTO like I always wanted.

Sorry whipper. I meant did you have any problems with it running to lean with the CAI. When I had mine installed they told me I couldn't run a CAI. But I've been looking at the URD and the MAF sensor. Having gadget and his team set up the sensor to the set up I want to run. Any ideas or advice?

I'm not sure why TRD recommends not using an intake because plenty of people do it without issue. I didn't get a CEL and it seems to have woken the truck up. I don't have my AFR gauge in just yet but I doubt it is anywhere near lean. The TRD tune is a really safe tune. However the new style TRD is known to cause a lean condition even on a stock engine. I went with this Airaid because not too many people use it and Volant is know to cause a rich condition which I guess could have helped when I went with a smaller pulley.

Back