Whirring noise coming from under back body

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by danrum, Nov 14, 2017.

1. danrum

danrum New Member

Saturday evening, I went out to my garage and realized some kind of whirring noise was coming from under the back end of my 2017 Tacoma 4x4 TRD 4 door with less than 900 miles on it. It sounded like a small electric motor of some type running. I had driven it that morning and had parked it a few hours before I had gone out and heard the noise.

I could not pinpoint the running sound, however I started the truck and let it run a moment and shut it down. Afterwards it was not making that whirring noise.

Any ideas? Should I be concerned and get it to my dealer? Was it possible the fuel pump still running for some reason (if it is located in the fuel tank, as I suspect)? Apprehensive and anxious about a possible defect of some kind. Thanks. Danny

MichaelD59 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Normal EVAP test that happens after a couple of hours after the engine was running. The owner’s manual has a page about it.

Bogunn likes this.
  4. OP
    danrum

danrum New Member

Thank you my friend. I will go pull my book out again and look through it. I actually read most every page of it (500+ pages), but will just check this out. It just sort of got to me and I was headed off to work and could do nothing about it right then.

OR17TRD likes this.
  5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new taco. Welcome to the forum. Let’s see it :)

6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Here is the info about the Evaporation Leakage Test. Normal sound as whippersnapper02 pointed out. IMG_0344.JPG

OR17TRD and whippersnapper02 like this.