Why do you drive a manuel transmission ?

The millenials and the the gen zers wouldn't know how to drive them, that 3rd pedal to the left of the brake pedal would confuse them! Lmao!

When I was buying my truck, the sales manager in his late 50's couldn't drive a manual. I'm like dude, you work with cars for a living plus you are the manager and you can not even drive the cars you sell?

Heck, when it comes to these salesmen, a lot of them hop around to different manufactures dealerships, and are clueless what they're selling. Once I went to a toyota dealer a bit out of the way from me. Looking at the 4wd pickups, a salesman approached me. I asked him how these new fuel injected engines were. He had no clue, only saying they're mitsubishi, you won't have any problems.

When I was buying my truck, the sales manager in his late 50's couldn't drive a manual. I'm like dude, you work with cars for a living plus you are the manager and you can not even drive the cars you sell?
Damn I'm 47 and my first vehicle, which as I've mentioned on this forum before, was my grandpa's old '66 Ford F100 shortbed Custom Cab with a 352 and 3-speed manual tranny with a Hurst shifter! I had to learn how to drive it, I got that old truck before I even had a license! It was really fun to drive! I can't imagine anyone in their late 50s especially a man not knowing how to drive a manual tranny!

How are U handling the Texas heat?

It was 100 way up north yesterday
Must've been 120 on the Lonestar state?
The heat index has been freaking brutal it started coming down somewhat yesterday, then a little bit lower today! Monday was 101 with a heat index of I think 116! Tuesday was I think 102 with a heat index of 116 or 117! Yesterday it was 104 but the heat index was a little bit lower around 110-112 or so! Today it was 101 I think with the heat index somewhere between 105-110 or so!
I've been drinking lots of water along with some Gatorade! I drink about 4 - 6 big 32 Oz. glasses of water every evening plus 1 or 2 glasses of water in the morning before I leave! Then I stop at a 7-Eleven and buy one of those big bottles of Gatorade to drink on the way to work! I even buy another Gatorade out of the vending machine when I get to work and drink that before I start work! I also have a big metal 1 gallon jug that I think is actually for camping and hiking etc. that I fill up with ice water and I drink that throughout the day! That metal jug is really tight and perfectly sealed and really keeps the water ice cold, it still has a lot of ice in it at the end of the day actually! I've had plastic jugs before I bought this one and the ice was always long since melted in them at the end of the day but the water would still be fairly cold! None of them hold a candle to this metal jug I have now! Oh and I drink another Gatorade after I get home too!

Yesterday was nice....about a high of 80 degrees, except till noon hr when the smokey haze from wildfires in Canada came rolling back in.

With the warmer weather (not that hot yet!) here I'm averaging around 22.7 mpg. Not bad for a mid sized 4WD truck in my opinion. I attribute that to the 2.7L and 5 speed manual transmission.
Sounds damn good to me! Is yours a 1st gen?? My 2wd 1st gen 2.4 auto only gets around 20 or 21 mpg, just curious.

With the warmer weather (not that hot yet!) here I'm averaging around 22.7 mpg. Not bad for a mid sized 4WD truck in my opinion. I attribute that to the 2.7L and 5 speed manual transmission.
Same for my 3.5 gen3 4wd taco thats got at least 100+ ponies more. It'll make one forget those 4 bangers.

Sounds damn good to me! Is yours a 1st gen?? My 2wd 1st gen 2.4 auto only gets around 20 or 21 mpg, just curious.
Mine is a 2nd gen. Just looked at my notes - in the winter average was around 19.5 mpg. Some of that due to warm ups in the morning. My commute is mostly good for fuel economy, about 25-40% highway, then 45-50 mph with not many stops. Some hills though.

Still, you're getting 20+ mpg which isn't bad.

Mine is a 2nd gen. Just looked at my notes - in the winter average was around 19.5 mpg. Some of that due to warm ups in the morning. My commute is mostly good for fuel economy, about 25-40% highway, then 45-50 mph with not many stops. Some hills though.

Still, you're getting 20+ mpg which isn't bad.
Yeah 20+ isn't too bad! My commute is roughly 10 miles, mixture of about 50% town/city and about 50% interstate/highway! Not bad at all really!

Quote from elsewhere...

"Agreed. 1st gen Tacoma owners looking to get out of an automatic and into a manual transmission crop up all the time.'

Quote from elsewhere...

"Agreed. 1st gen Tacoma owners looking to get out of an automatic and into a manual transmission crop up all the time.'
Of course you can do an auto to manual swap! It takes some mechanical know-how and a lot of work! Just don't have a place for that kind of endeavor!

Back