2019 Tacoma Brake Pad Recommendation

OneDog

Please provide some thoughts on your brake pad brand preference for 2019 Tacoma. My driving profile is ~30% off road, ~70% highway/city. Thank you

I've always gone back to the oem pads whether aftermarket rotors or not. I just like the feel, plus they last decent. Imo, their use with ebc rotors is about as good as it gets.

Suggest to check your pad thickness. If within limits, save your $$. OEM is hard to better.

But if you must, then suggest to stay with the expert brake people, like Raybestos, Bosch, ACDelco and OEM.

Unless you are racing the truck on a track, then no need to use ceramic pads. Semi-metalic or Organic pad material offers plenty of stopping.

Suggest to check your pad thickness. If within limits, save your $$. OEM is hard to better.

But if you must, then suggest to stay with the expert brake people, like Raybestos, Bosch, ACDelco and OEM.

Unless you are racing the truck on a track, then no need to use ceramic pads. Semi-metalic or Organic pad material offers plenty of stopping.
Stock toyota pads are ceramic. I've found their very good. I wouldn't recommend pads like raybestos for a toyota. Been that route. Their pads fit with too much play causing chatter when braking. Ebc is very good also. Just choose the right compound for your use.

Are you sure the OEM pads are ceramic???

Seems like an anomaly. Sure, for a Corvette or Viper......but on a mid-size pickup???

As far as i knew they were made of a ceramic compound for years. You don't see all the brake dust with toyota pads like you would from non-ceramic ones.

Thanks for the input. Sounds like OEM is the best choice. The braking on my ‘19 is great with the factory pads.

@OneDog.

Check your pad thickness before you dive into a replacement service. My '06 has a pad service limit of 1 mm (roughly 0.040 inch). If you're not having braking problems and above pad service limit......then why bother with the expense????

When i swapped to EBC slotted, and drilled rotors using the stock toyota brake pads, my brakes worked far better no more warped rotors towing. The pad life was incredible. i had nearly 80k miles before they needed replacing.

Back