2nd Gen vs 3rd gen

tacomarich

hi guys I'm taking my vehicle in for service tomorrow to dealer only because I have a warranty on the battery I think they need to replace that but they're trying to get me into a 3rd Gen Tacoma and I have a 2015 right now is it worth it on the new ones any other issues do you guys like your new ones versus the old ones any feedback input appreciated thinking about going with the lease if I do get a new one

hi guys I'm taking my vehicle in for service tomorrow to dealer only because I have a warranty on the battery I think they need to replace that but they're trying to get me into a 3rd Gen Tacoma and I have a 2015 right now is it worth it on the new ones any other issues do you guys like your new ones versus the old ones any feedback input appreciated thinking about going with the lease if I do get a new one
Well.. some people prefer the 2nd gen and some prefer the 3rd.. most 3rd gen complaints are from the funky shifting auto trans. I'd buy the manual trans if I ever got one.... and that huge screen door of a grille is not for me. They should have fitted the 4runner front end on it IMO.

Well.. some people prefer the 2nd gen and some prefer the 3rd.. most 3rd gen complaints are from the funky shifting auto trans. I'd buy the manual trans if I ever got one.... and that huge screen door of a grille is not for me. They should have fitted the 4runner front end on it IMO.
Thanks

Its all in what you want. I used to drive a 2nd gen as a work truck, was actually the reason I chose my 3rd gen for my personal truck. As far as 2nd gen vs 3rd gen they both have their +'s and -'s. I love my 3rd gen and wouldn't trade it for anything unless it was I just wanted a new truck. Of course the dealer is going to try to get you into a 3rd gen, especially with the 4th gen just coming out, gotta move that leftover stock. Me personally, if I was interested I might consider it if I was interested in a new truck, especially if the deal was just something you couldn't turn down. If you like youre 2nd gen, it's serving you well, dont want or need a new truck, just say no thank you, I'm good.

Personal preference. If you want more bells and whistles make the trade. If you want a dependable truck that you're happy with that's paid off (maybe, I dont know where you sit) then keep what ya got)

Are you itching for a new truck? Lol
I was looking for a 15 when I bought my 17 after driving 3 other Tacomas...
That being said, I love my Turd gen but it is a manual and OV tuned... haha
I guess I'm saying "if you're happy with your 15, you can keep your 15..."
[emoji1787]
But frealdoe... how many miles? Paid off? Any problems? You seem intrigued... what gives?

Back