Blower Motor making noise

Jcv2112

New to the Toyota Tacoma family. Just picked up a used 2010 Tacoma. Seems that every time I turn on my A/C the blower motor makes an annoying ticking sound. Any one else having this problem?

Yeah I heard another guy was having that problem I think I saw it in YouTube, I'm pretty sure he had to replace it. Search it on YouTube and you will find it.

Just have it cleaned. In most cases its the same expense as replacing it. Its almost the same labor.

Toyota had a TSB out for this, had my blower motor replaced under the TSB. But has to be under warranty to get it done free anyway.

This is was an on-going issue from 05-11. I had this problem in my '11. Two months after I bought it the blower motor started chirping. Bad bearings. The new motors are built better. I had mine replaced under warranty. I never had any problems since.

I replaced the blower motor. Found one online for $69.00 installed it in 5 minutes. Problem solved!

Hahaha of course it goes away when you have the music up. When I have my 3 yr old riding with me I have to have the music down and then in turn listen to that damn blower motor make that annoying noise. It's gone for good now. Out with the old in with the new.

I had the same problem with my '09. Dealer said it was the bearing. So they replaced the motor but also told me it might happen again even with the new motor. And wouldn't ya know it. About a month after they replaced it I started hearing that great ticking sound.

I had the same problem with my '09. Dealer said it was the bearing. So they replaced the motor but also told me it might happen again even with the new motor. And wouldn't ya know it. About a month after they replaced it I started hearing that great ticking sound.

Dealer probably just banged some pots and pans while he drank a beer and pretended to change your blower motor. That's why he was so sure the same noise would come back.

Dealer probably just banged some pots and pans while he drank a beer and pretended to change your blower motor. That's why he was so sure the same noise would come back.
Your probably right. Good thing I no longer have that truck. Let someone else deal with it.

Back