bump stops... is this the source of the bang bang banging... is it normal or no??

All I can say our town roads are like a bombed out Iraqi airport runway. Took my tundra a couple weeks before the trucks stance looked more like it always was after installing the Monroe units.
concrete or asphalt covered?

concrete or asphalt covered?
Asphalt with lots heaves, cracks, and potholes to take a front end out. They're finally getting around to redoing some of the roads this year. I think its costing them too much from having to repair our residents vehicles that fall into them.

the nasty banging appears to have been eliminated
i am still doing inspection and test driving, though

Whatever caused the banging is no longer there....which isn't a good thing.

it is a good thing i would say, the monroe springs must've been so weak from new on that driver side that there is quite a dent in the gusset bottom for the smaller bumpstopper always hitting upon it

Thats very strange those springs are bad that early. Those quick struts raised my tundra front end an inch making the truck sit perfectly level...no rake any more. They were a lot harder to bottom them out vs the stock springs. I was happy with them.

You must of got different ones than I did. When I bought them the counter person at the auto parts store said they made 2 different models...one was much cheaper with a short warranty, while the other cost over $100 more for the pair, and had at least a 1 year warranty. If I recall the more expensive ones were called sense-a-trac, or something similar.

Yeah I don't know whut was sold to I :confused:
They AAP had to order them and then found that one was assembled backwards, the top mount cushion
It was an ordeal that day

I don't know about your taco, but it would be impossible to install them backwards on my old gen1 tundra. The factory already has them ready to install.

I had to pull the FSM section on assembling springcoil shock and mount

It did not at all line up proper per spec

Seems to me you got a foo foo pair of struts, and should have taken them back soon as you notice this.

Seems to me you got a foo foo pair of struts, and should have taken them back soon as you notice this.

i did take them right back to AAP store lol ... when this issue was found
but since they had to order them from the Monroe warehouse whatever it would take many days to arrive and the truck would be OOC until then

my nephew compressed the spring and turned that tophat mount around proper and it fit right into there

Back