Concerts

And My Chemical Romance for October 2nd, the hotel, rental car and flights booked.

Yesterday I booked a bunch of our honeymoon stuff to, i need to see what concerts we can hit on the way down or back before I get plane tickets though. Someone has to be playing somewhere in November and December.

Woohoo Toby Keith June 19th, got us tickets right in front of the stage in the party pit. Will take 2 days to ride down on our motorcycles and 2 days back, its only in Montana.
Also can see Jimmy Buffett on the way home from our honeymoon, and Luke Combs with Ashley McBride on the way down...oh ya :)

Aug 2nd is GnR in Seattle for us, but the real party is August 7, 8, 9 right here in kelowna for Rock the Lake, which is a must see every year!
Nine bands, sunburns, dehydration, hearing loss, and drunks falling on me...good time good times!

BC...judas priest dude... just stop. your awesome happy life is too much. :D haha!

live it fully, kiddo.

I would have loved to be a rockstar.
My biggest movie star crush is Jullianne Hough...I'm guessing that you all know why.
If not watch Rock of Ages.

I would have loved to be a rockstar.
My biggest movie star crush is Jullianne Hough...I'm guessing that you all know why.
If not watch Rock of Ages.
i just wanted to learn how to play guitar. my forever crush is the greatest guitarist of all time.

you would be a good rock star BC!

i just wanted to learn how to play guitar. my forever crush is the greatest guitarist of all time.

you would be a good rock star BC!

That is pure awesomeness Tooter!
My problem would be picking just one, dead or alive...sorry for the pun.

Hendrix
Page
Santana
Van Halen
May
Slash
And the list goes on.
I loved Slash for his showman ship, Santana makes me want to sit back, close my eyes, and just feel the music, Hendrix left me speechless.
I got to shake Eddie's hand and what a thrill for this boy that was!
No, I couldn't pick just one.
Can't pick one drummer or pianist either, or singer for that matter. Saw the Celtic women in a winter concert outdoors the third time I saw them. The first two times were great, don't get me wrong. But that time outside in the snow was magical and so raw. The power of their voices was so moving that i actually cried.
Saw Whitney Houston live in 1999 and again in 2010, twice. Saw her in Switzerland, traveled around for 10 days, then saw her again in Austria. Damn I loved Whitney and the power she had in her voice from that little body.
But I don't think I could ever pick just one person for anything in music. So many talented people out there, and they all offer something different.
Most memorable moment of my life with a musician wasn't actually at a concert. I saw Anne Murray in 2003, now to say that I am just a fan of hers is an understatement. I have even collected every album she ever made on vinyl.
Anyway I went up to her and stuttered out how big of a fan I was. She shook my hand and then asked me if I had time for a coffee. We talked for at least 30 minutes, then standing up and ready to leave, she took my hand and held it while we talked for another 10 or 15 minutes. All i could think was omg this is Anne Murray standing here holding my hand talking to me...the nobody me...
I was such a broken person in 2003, but hadn't realized it yet.
I have that memory for ever though.

I'm guessing., Eric Clapton ....or...Eddie Van Halen if I calculated the age seconds... Lots of tick tocks.., but converted to human years.., still a young 'Un :)
while all that you guys have mentioned are definitely legends in their craft and i like them all, none compare to Randy Rhoads. his playing with QR was awesome, but his work on blizzard of ozz and diary just went into a different stratosphere. ALL of his solos leave me in complete awe, but his solo on mr. crowley brings me to tears every f♡cking time. i used to go to bed every night wearing my walkman playing these two albums over and over just to hear him play. then when the world wide web came a long i got to see him play. i still listen to these albums every day. such a tragic loss that saddens me to the core. i guess Heaven wanted him more.

Great message Toots! :) Thank you for solving the greatest guitarist mystery for us. Given your devoted following, your personal insight, and your deep emotional connection, your ranking comes highly qualified and highly respected. Randy Rhodes was a brilliant ground breaker and guitar wizard. Tragically, as you say, taken away too soon at too young an age.

He's a heavy hitter for sure! I am particularly drawn to blues guitarists so I really appreciate Angus Young'Young'son style which is heavily influenced by some of the blues greatest. Excellent choice Lil G! :)

Back