detailing your taco...

Simple simple.

Car wash specific soap, water, simple green (tires & wheels). Interior just water with a dash of Simple Green, vacuum, Windex.

Don't need 100 products.

Yearly wax with NuFinish paste.

looking at exterior black trim gen1 and gen2
both plastic AND the rubbery items
.... have tried SO many things for long-lasting results :(

windex product WILL rape any window tinting you have i was told
i used to wash the inside of my windows smudges at the gas station by whetting a paper towel from the squeegee bucket on site... bad idea!!!

looking at exterior black trim gen1 and gen2
both plastic AND the rubbery items
.... have tried SO many things for long-lasting results :(
Used to use a product called Bumper Back. It was awesome, but looked for it now and it is no longer available. I found it when I was restoring a TR7 around '91 and it took the sun faded rubber bumpers from medium gray to black. A yearly application kept them looking new. Main thing to look for, though, is something that is not silicone based and adds moisture. Generally it needs about 24 hours before getting out into the elements.

run channels on my taco look nasty all the time
want them to sparkle black and last long time

then there is that back window moulding and pane

Sounds like you were using something that was a silicone-based dye. If those were a baseball team, they would be undefeated with all the runs they have. Probably could have gotten a better result from just armor all.

Just doing some browsing... Found Forever Black. Looks like it might work. It isn't silicone based, so it shouldn't run, but it would probably last half a year. I would try this, then after it has dried, cerakote it. That should keep it looking great for quite a while.

for the rubber run channels...

tried mothers back-to-black
tried 303 stuff
tried chemical guys VRP

+ a few too many others

silicone appears to be the major issue here with outside trimmings

Sounds like you were using something that was a silicone-based dye. If those were a baseball team, they would be undefeated with all the runs they have. Probably could have gotten a better result from just armor all.

Just doing some browsing... Found Forever Black. Looks like it might work. It isn't silicone based, so it shouldn't run, but it would probably last half a year. I would try this, then after it has dried, cerakote it. That should keep it looking great for quite a while.

half a year is A0K with I

those other products did not last overnight sometimes LMAO

i am currently trying another Mothers branded product that somebody on the Tacoma Forum recommended awhile back

Been applying wolfsteins protectant to my tonneau cover, and black plastic trim every several months. It's been pretty good. Along with the professional glass coating I had done on the exterior paint, it's been over 3 years with no special maintenance, all still like new.

@JayQQ97

I hate to say this.......but..... The parts you are talking about are 26 years old.

My guess is that it would take a large bottle of Unobtanium Plastic & Rubber preservative to give the look you want.

Back