Driving my taco from CA to NC

Csilver3

For optimal taco performance during this 2,500 mile trip, I've done the following:

1. Complete power steering flush ( disconnecting the low pressure power steering line and steering the wheel to extract any old fluid out) and filling it up with fresh ATF dex 3

2. Royal purple 10w-5 with K&N oil filter

3. Coolant flush and added toyota's pink coolant

4. Changed the brake pads (had to, since I can hear the grinding from a mile away) and added clean brake fluid

5. Put on a new set of nitto terra grapplers all terrain tires 265/70/16 and had the tire shop do the alignment

Things I should've done:

Cleaned the throttle body, transmission flush, differential oil change...

My truck is an 07 dbl cab automatic prerunner with 102k miles and counting. I'm also carrying about 700 pounds of cargo...

As far as maintenance, am I missing anything?

As far as maintenance, am I missing anything?[/QUOTE]
Air filter cabin filter and spark plugs if needed. I change air and cabin every 25k with OEM and plugs every 30k. I would take truck to part store and have them test the battery.

For optimal taco performance during this 2,500 mile trip, I've done the following:

1. Complete power steering flush ( disconnecting the low pressure power steering line and steering the wheel to extract any old fluid out) and filling it up with fresh ATF dex 3

2. Royal purple 10w-5 with K&N oil filter

3. Coolant flush and added toyota's pink coolant

4. Changed the brake pads (had to, since I can hear the grinding from a mile away) and added clean brake fluid

5. Put on a new set of nitto terra grapplers all terrain tires 265/70/16 and had the tire shop do the alignment

Things I should've done:

Cleaned the throttle body, transmission flush, differential oil change...

My truck is an 07 dbl cab automatic prerunner with 102k miles and counting. I'm also carrying about 700 pounds of cargo...

As far as maintenance, am I missing anything?

What weight oil was that?

V6 calls for 5w30

Clean ur maf sensor when u do the throttle body.... use maf sensor cleaner for the sensor, and throttle body cleaner for the tb, unless u wanna roll the dice. I just use the crap labeled for the use because its cheap insurance.

Woodydog thanks for the advice... I changed the spark plugs and bought a brand new optima battery

Does this necessarily mean I need to change my oil, low oil, or something that has nothing to do with oil??

Turn key off, then press and hold the odometer deal down while you Turn key to run (or whatever is 1 click from starting)...

U should see a series of 0's..... hold until they all go away.

This is exactly what happened:

I did my oil change at about 99,000 miles.

Then had to make the drive to NC, by the time I realized it I was at about 102,200 miles

So I just decided to do a whole new oil change. I'm at about 104,200 miles

I didn't reset main. Light when I changed my oil at 102,200 miles because it was never on. Did I have to reset everything by disconnecting battery? Also could it be that my MAF is dirty?

This is exactly what happened:

I did my oil change at about 99,000 miles.

Then had to make the drive to NC, by the time I realized it I was at about 102,200 miles

So I just decided to do a whole new oil change. I'm at about 104,200 miles

I didn't reset main. Light when I changed my oil at 102,200 miles because it was never on. Did I have to reset everything by disconnecting battery? Also could it be that my MAF is dirty?

U went 5k miles..... reset the maint light with the procedure i posted.

No need to disconnect anything.

Dirty maf wouldnt throw a maint light.

So you're saying the ECU is reading is following the first oil change and not my second one?
the ecu doesnt read ANY oil change and the light needs to be reset manually with the procedure above. Pulling the negative battery terminal will just screw up ur radio stations, make it shift different if its an auto, and may or may not cancel the light.

Here comes the drop:

The maintenance reminder is strictly for oil changes and it flashes near 5K miles and comes on at 5K miles. To reset it; key off, select the odometer readout on the black gauge trucks and trip A on the white face trucks, push and hold then turn the key too on until the "0"s disappear.

Gotcha. So once I reset it, do I go as scheduled with the Milage from my last oil change, or should I count 5k starting after this reset?

Back