Flashing blue light above tear view mirror

denniswe48

My 2014 Tacoma after 100,000 miles suddenly has a blue light flashing above the rear view mirror 24/7. What is this?

The law.:eek:
Usually a factory alarm system has a red flashing led. Maybe you have an aftermarket anti-theft system that its blue.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the intracies of the 2014, but I'd turn to the Owner's Manual.

My guess is the light indicates the anti-theft system is active.

Ah...yes. The font of much misinformation.

Few are good, fewer are very good. Many aspire to be horrible.

FWIW, the Owner's Manual will have authority over any U-tube

Ah...yes. The font of much misinformation.

Few are good, fewer are very good. Many aspire to be horrible.

FWIW, the Owner's Manual will have authority over any U-tube
That's not the point I'm making. Millennial's and Generation Z people will refer to YouTube before they take the time to read an owners manual. If denniswe48 is in this category, he will youtube it.

That's not the point I'm making. Millennial's and Generation Z people will refer to YouTube before they take the time to read an owners manual. If denniswe48 is in this category, he will youtube it.
That is a sad, sad, sad situation for the advancement, prosperity and future of this country. It is really no wonder why many are unable to make basic math calculations..................... but they can run apps and their cell phones.

Funny thing about YouTube. Any knucklehead with a video can post anything.....factual, accurate or not....... the challenge is to sift the kernel from the chaff.

I do agree many young adults have lost the ability to read and think.

Even so, the Owner's Manual is the authority above and beyond YouTube. A wise person will follow the OM before slobbering on the YouTube alter of knucklehead videos.

Many of these college grads today are either brainwashed, or have no commonsense. Many will be shocked to the core when entering the workforce.

Many of these college grads today are either brainwashed, or have no commonsense. Many will be shocked to the core when entering the workforce.
Yeah......I know. I have the pleasure of working with a couple of new grads with engineering diplomas. I've got over 30 years experience designing products. They will ask me questions, I offer guidance, then they do what they want.

Last week, one of them had a significant test failure causing a considerable project impact. He had the balls to try blaming me. But alas, I had the conversation documented with an outline of the discussion. His recent behavior is pushing the limits of age discrimination. I have warned him both verbally and in writing copied to our manager. I know the boss had a conversation with him on integrity and discrimination.

This next week could be interesting. I do know, I'm done offering guidance or possible solutions to their problems.

Last edited:
Back