Fuel pressure regulator

steffco

Steve
I own a 2003 Tacoma with a 3.4l v6.
I was looking at the possibility of replacing the fuel pressure regulator in the future. I located it down between the upper intake plenum and the firewall. It looks pretty buried to me. My question is
Do I remove the upper intake plenum and that would give me sufficient access to remove the pressure regulator? And also
what new gaskets or seals and parts will be required to do the job. Steve

i can look at the parts diagram if you need, i do not know where offhand that is in the FSM for instructions
that thing is still original on my rig but i did change one on the Corolla somewhat recently which is NOT buried LOL!

I think there is some vacuum test for that part?
Haven't dabbled much into that part here yet
Oh my! What if that is the cause of the cruddy mpg I have been getting for the past two months

I think there is some vacuum test for that part?
Haven't dabbled much into that part here yet
Oh my! What if that is the cause of the cruddy mpg I have been getting for the past two months

Lets not mix your issues into Steffco's question.

Thanks for all of your replies everyone. My Tacoma doesn't need a pressure regulator, it runs well. I was just wondering because of it's age, if it does need one in the future, what parts would I need to remove if any to gain access to the part. I'm very encouraged to read that some of you said you have never had any problems with the regulator.

Fuel pressure regulator will be the least of your problems at that age, so you can relax, and stop worrying about it.

Thanks for all of your replies everyone. My Tacoma doesn't need a pressure regulator, it runs well. I was just wondering because of it's age, if it does need one in the future, what parts would I need to remove if any to gain access to the part. I'm very encouraged to read that some of you said you have never had any problems with the regulator
Fuel pressure regulator will be the least of your problems at that age, so you can relax, and stop worrying about it.
Thanks for that my friend! I will quit worrying.

Change your fuel filter if never replaced. You'd be surprised the types of crud that collects in them over time.

Agreed. Fuel pressure regulators seldom fail.

If you haven't, suggest you pull the 100K maintenance. Its mostly fluids and plug change.

Back