Gen 4 Toyota Accessories

drb77

For all of you new gen 4 Tacoma owners, I found a source of somewhat cheaper accessories. https://autoparts.toyotasouth.com/
Apparently, Toyota is co-sponsoring this website source that offers a substantial discount, free shipping with minimum $75 orders, and even no sales tax (your results may vary). As you know, just about everything about the 4th gen Tacoma's seems to be different. So exact-fit accessories are hard to find at this early date. And with larger, heavier items, the shipping cost can be excessive. (Don't use the regular toyotasouth website, it doesn't offer nearly as good of a deal.) I ordered a Toyo bed mat, and saved about $68 on shipping alone. Plus a 19% discount and no tax, much cheaper than any other source I was able to locate. Disclaimer; I have absolutely no connection to this 'premier' dealer in Kentucky. 'Just passing it along for what it's worth. (BTW, somewhere I saw that a dealer offered a 30% discount on accessories with a new car/truck purchase, so that could be a better deal if your particular dealer offers that incentive. My dealer did not offer that.)

Last edited:
For all of you new gen 4 Tacoma owners, I found a source of somewhat cheaper accessories. https://autoparts.toyotasouth.com/
Apparently, Toyota is co-sponsoring this website source that offers a substantial discount, free shipping with minimum $75 orders, and even no sales tax (your results may vary). As you know, just about everything about the 4th gen Tacoma's seems to be different. So exact-fit accessories are hard to find at this early date. And with larger, heavier items, the shipping cost can be excessive. (Don't use the regular toyotasouth website, it doesn't offer nearly as good of a deal.) I ordered a Toyo bed mat, and saved about $68 on shipping alone. Plus a 19% discount and no tax, much cheaper than any other source I was able to locate. Disclaimer; I have absolutely no connection to this 'premier' dealer in Kentucky. 'Just passing it along for what it's worth. (BTW, somewhere I saw that a dealer offered a 30% discount on accessories with a new car/truck purchase, so that could be a better deal if your particular dealer offers that incentive. My dealer did not offer that.)
drb I'm pretty sure you are the only 4th gen owner on tacomaforum.com. but there will be more I'm sure. I paid $180 plus tax for the bed mat on sale for my 3rd gen so this is absolute great news for me. Thanks. Oh by the way, I'm hoping to be the 2nd 4th gen Taco owner on this here website. ;)

Cost me $120 for the dealer to put the tacoma mat in my truck when I ordered it back in 2020. At the time they were roughly the same price if you bought it at a local dealer here.

I get my heavily steeped discounted genuine parts from that source but in kansas

Usually thats the cost if you pick it up at a dealer. There was a time a heard some dealers didn't charge for shipping if you qualified.

The dealer I used to use in des Moines Iowa always charged the shipping no matter what

Made a deal with the parts guy to pick up on my way through next time

Transported 3 long fuel tubes brand new OEM prebent to spec for the Corolla 140 miles because the shipping on those was like over 100$ because of how long and fragile it was gonna be to package lol

Yep, as the OP said, the 'toyo sponsored' website is offering free shipping on orders above $75. But I do think the no sales tax is a set-up mistake & may be corrected soon.
I've read it is only limited to less than 200$ shipping?

Big heavy bulky parts like a transmission
Or big delicate parts such as a hood insulator pad

The dealer I used to use in des Moines Iowa always charged the shipping no matter what

Made a deal with the parts guy to pick up on my way through next time

Transported 3 long fuel tubes brand new OEM prebent to spec for the Corolla 140 miles because the shipping on those was like over 100$ because of how long and fragile it was gonna be to package lol
I think if I ever had to travel cross country to save the shipping cost on a few parts I have get my brain checked out first. Usually I can find some good deals on eBay where the shipping is always free right to my door.

This was the only genuine Toyo gen 4 Tacoma bed mat I found on eBay, from Treasure Coast Toyo, Stuart, FL.
And this listing shows $150 + $65 shipping, or $215 + tax. 'Not many dealers sell on eBay, but some do.

I was up against the same issues when I ran a business selling a brand name. I don't know if toyota police's these unauthorized sellers, or not shutting them down, that get these parts sideways to sell them. If I can buy the same part a toyota dealer sells here for the same cost, or less, plus free shipping, it saves me a 50 mile round trip to go get it.

When I first ordered the mat from ToyoSouth, their website only charged me $6 for shipping. When they got in stock, they emailed me to tell me that it would cost an additional $50 for heavy/bulky shipping of this item. Or I could cancel the order and use their 'toyo-co-sponcered source at this other web address where I could get free shipping (on orders >$75). Had I not done that, the 1st order would have been $144+56=$200. But w/ that other source it was $138. (as Paul Harvey would say, "And now you know the rest of the story".)

You have to keep an eye out all the time when ordering online, or whatever. The shipping cost can make, or break a sale.

Back