Gen2 exhaust tail pipe assy with muffler

I have looked at borla but they do not make catback for gen2 single cab I found out about it

But I shall look at summit and check what they have that fits proper

If looking to install a pricy aftermarket system like borla, thats different. These are simple cat back aluminized walker exhausts I mentioned with a stainless muffler, good for a few years.

I think borla is probably one of the highest end stainless systems you could install, if looking to spend some serious coin on all things...exhaust.

You'd be a fool to buy a toyota exhaust system when you can buy an entire replacement from rock auto, or summit for 2-$300.
Yep, my Kansas son paid $390 out the door in Wichita on his gen2 Taco three days before he delivered it to the buyer in Kansas City.

Last edited:
Back around 2010 I bought a complete flow master dual exhaust system for my tundra that included the 2 cats for under $800, plus I got a $100 rebate back when they were running a sale. It was still on the truck when I sold it, but it was pretty toasted needing replacement. This was suppose to be a stainless system, just what type of stainless was in question.

The Toyota exhaust is all one piece
Looks the simplest of anything to put on bolt. On with not a lick of welding

The Toyota exhaust is all one piece
Looks the simplest of anything to put on bolt. On with not a lick of welding
My sons gen2 Taco's new exhaust has welds everywhere. I wish he would have checked out Toyota OEM.

Attachments

• image0 copy.jpeg
    image0 copy.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
That weld to the muffler is a weld :confused:
You must know how to weld and have equipment
Yeah and I did the exact same thing on that Taco when I bought it brand new in 2014. I wanted duel exhaust coming out both sides and exactly nine years later the $230 muffler shop bill just broke in half on my son. He had to replace the exhaust system before he could get a decent price for his Taco. I like your idea a whole lot better going with a one-piece. I'm staying completely 100% stock on my upcoming 4th gen Taco.;).

dual exhaust might not work well on the 4cylinder but IDK
Good point and here's the kicker; I have not been able to find on youtube, toyota.com, and local Taco salesman; Why did Toyota move the the exhaust system from the right side, to the left side ? I have to assume it has something to do with the smaller I-4 engine but no one can tell me for sure.

They probably moved the exhaust on the right side to correspond with the fuel tank so it's easier for these ugly gen4's to burn down, so people don't have to look at them as long.

Back