How do you tell if the clutch fork is mucked?

Engine is purring like a kitten...
Oil level and looks lookin good

old nasty fork...

clutch fork old as dirt.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0891.JPG

Last edited:
Look, take the truck back to this guy, and let him see the issue. If its his work thats a problem, and he's honest, he'll work with you to fix it.

I did take it back a few weeks ago
The only good thing that came out of that was getting the 3rd pedal adjusted so that it would stop flopping springing back right at the end of releasing it from my friggin foot!

Last edited:
The throwout bearing chatter is something new that just popped up this past week

Sounds more to me like this guy adjusted to clutch pedal too tight, or it's not his fault your clutch linkage is worn out that skewed any correct adjustment. It's not unusual on a manual vehicle that old with a ton of miles to have that issue. My old 78 wolverine had it when I was racing bikes doing lot of miles between races every weekend.

it is possible but i am noobs in these matters
the clutch linkage inside the cab is original aged 27 years old
the clutch master and slave hydraulic cylinders have 140k on them

Bottom line is your being way too critical with a worn out old truck that could have one problem leading to another. No tech likes to get into a can of worms, and tries do the minimum as not to create something else to go tapioca while working in that area.

just put on new parts and drive near-like-new
these trucks are NOT rocket science

i see these videos of the new trucks and looks so many out there would absolutely agree

just put on new parts and drive near-like-new
these trucks are NOT rocket science

i see these videos of the new trucks and looks so many out there would absolutely agree
If not rocket science, you should have no more issues of having to keep asking how to be spoon fed on them.

testing the fuel pump for proper functioning is sorta rocket science?

Back