How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

How many miles on yer gen1

You say you like new trucks!? New trucks have all kinds of issues and big big problems that your truck will definitely not ever have!
A big bad v8 tundra in the Chicago shop recently on video has over 5000$ of major engine work going on :oops:
It has a little over 156,000 on it! I think at that mileage it's just getting broke in good! LMFAO!

I agree with you on the new trucks having all sorts of issues! Just look at all the car companies having recalls here lately! It kinda goes with what I said in the previous post about how even a new truck is gonna need a new battery at some point a few years down the road!

Yes I like the new trucks but I'll add that I like the looks of the 1st gen even better! New trucks are nice but I like old trucks even better because they have the "TRUCK" look!

Taco Man said -"I heard on the news that Toby Keith died last night, I think it was, from stomach cancer! He was 62! I used to listen to his music a lot back in the day, he was pretty badass!"

We all did TacoMan. 20 #1 hits and he wrote most of his songs himself. I had no idea his father really did serve in the Army and really did lose his right eye in his "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" song. He was an icon. I promise you he will be in the same category as Cash, Willie, Waylon, the Possum, and Haggard. A great man. God Bless Oklahoma.

1707270974461.png1707271014909.png1707271069204.png1707271208313.png

Last edited:
Taco Man said -"I heard on the news that Toby Keith died last night, I think it was, from stomach cancer! He was 62! I used to listen to his music a lot back in the day, he was pretty badass!"

We all did TacoMan. 20 #1 hits and he wrote most of his songs himself. I had no idea his father really did serve in the Army and really did lose his right eye in his "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" song. He was an icon. I promise you he will be in the same category as Cash, Willie, Waylon, the Possum, and Haggard. A great man. God Bless Oklahoma.

View attachment 43221View attachment 43222View attachment 43223View attachment 43226
Yeah I knew his dad was a veteran, I believe he served in Korea if I'm not mistaken! I think the story behind him losing his right eye happened during a training mission, but not sure!

I was texting my cousin out in Arizona about this earlier and like I said to him, I remember hanging out with some friends in high-school one day at the back of the metal shop class and had Toby Keith cranked up on the stereo with "You ain't much fun since I quit drinkin'"! I know y'all remember that song! :p

Well we were talking about Toby Keith and then today on the way home from work I had Pandora cranked up in the Taco when they started playing another legendary outlaw! They started playing ol' Waylon "I ain't living long like this" from 1979! I know all y'all my age and older are bound to remember that song! I was only 3 years old in '79 but I remember hearing it anytime my parents had the radio on, he was one of my favorites as a kid! Nothing like having ol' Waylon cranked up on the way home after a long hard day's work!

Spotted this gen1 SR5 SuperSilver yesterday at the Mall. Faded paint and a little rust on teh trailer hitch but the Trump bumper sticker more than makes up for the shortcomings. :D

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
less than 50 miles from the geographical center of Missouri i was at breakfast before making the 300 mile trek back home after my Aunt's funeral.
came out of the downtown cafe and found this Missouri Gen2 Taco pulled up behind, they were likely also inside getting the breakfast, the place was packed

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

Back