How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

And then, as I'm driving home from the Natatorium this afternoon, I spot a white gen1 SR5 with a six foot bed. Now this here is a working man's pickup truck. Factory wheels, teh box is beat-up, scartched-up, and tore-up, and that trailer hitch has seen it's better days.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
So I'm driving home from church today and off in the distance I spot what appears to be a Tacoma in a deserted parking lot. Sure enough, its a gen3 extended cab painted in the Toyota racing stripes. Not sure what is was doing parked in the middle of nowhere but it was so freaking cool….
Piss poor job painting those stripes. Or are they supposed to be all jagged on the edges?? And did they paint the tail lights too?

Oh my my my. Hmmm. So beautiful. That is not a Tacoma TacoMan. That is between a 1990 and a 1993 Toyota pickup truck and the only reason I know that is because my middle son had a 1990 with near exact looking graphics. Manuel hubs, steel wheels, and same windows as well. This is an absolute classic. I may be off a year or two but I'm sure JayQQ97 will keep us honest when he sees it.
I don't think Mr. Tacojoel particularly cares for that truck! Lol! Oh well eveybody has the right to their own opinion!

This cripple Tacoma broke my heart today. It's a beautiful, Gold in color, gen2 PreRunner. This ole truck got smashed to death in the back end in a hit & run or the owner backed into a telephone pole going 90 mph. So sad. Hope he gets the insurance check and gets it fixed….

Attachments

• 6FF366DB-9AB9-411E-86F8-8DB3C6C099E0.jpeg
    6FF366DB-9AB9-411E-86F8-8DB3C6C099E0.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 772D405E-C920-41ED-A390-9790CA5EE1FD.jpeg
    772D405E-C920-41ED-A390-9790CA5EE1FD.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
Well you don't see this every day. A gen3 SR 4-door security vehicle. I kind of like it. Actually, I think its pretty cool. And I spotted it at the Mall today. Even the low-profile light bar on top is modern. I wonder how this Tacoma is used. Does he drive around the parking lot all day looking for bad guys or what ?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
Well you don't see this every day. A gen3 SR 4-door security vehicle. I kind of like it. Actually, I think its pretty cool. And I spotted it at the Mall today. Even the low-profile light bar on top is modern. I wonder how this Tacoma is used. Does he drive around the parking lot all day looking for bad guys or what ?
that is definitely something else!

That truck is identical to our water companies sr gen3 tacoma fleet vehicles...they have a bunch of them along with rangers that they have been changing over to.

Holy crap I can't believe all the Tacomas I'm seeing in Colorado today ! I was in Colorado this morning and I can't believe how popular Tacomas are here. The first one is scrappy looking, Black gen1 and has seen better days but she's still on the road. And yes, it was a MT5.

The second one is a gen1 2WD turquoise in color and no hubcaps. Love that long bed and the color. Notice how much bigger the gen3 is compared to the original gen1. Wow….

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
  • image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
Came out of the grocery market this morning to look down the parking lot aisle and saw another quicksand 3rd gen tacoma parked along side mine. Thought could it be another identical 2020 sr5 quicksand access cab, as I have not seen another of this year to this date in all my travels. Thought for a moment this was the one. Well as I got closer, it wasn't....it was a double cab long bed sr5 in quicksand likely a 2020, but still a rare bird.

Holy crap I can't believe all the Tacomas I'm seeing in Colorado today ! I was in Colorado this morning and I can't believe how popular Tacomas are here. The first one is scrappy looking, Black gen1 and has seen better days but she's still on the road. And yes, it was a MT5.

The second one is a gen1 2WD turquoise in color and no hubcaps. Love that long bed and the color. Notice how much bigger the gen3 is compared to the original gen1. Wow….
how long of a drive was that for ya?

Came out of the grocery market this morning to look down the parking lot aisle and saw another quicksand 3rd gen tacoma parked along side mine. Thought could it be another identical 2020 sr5 quicksand access cab, as I have not seen another of this year to this date in all my travels. Thought for a moment this was the one. Well as I got closer, it wasn't....it was a double cab long bed sr5 in quicksand likely a 2020, but still a rare bird.

i think i have Never seen a quicksand cab-inna-half... just those 4-door crewcabs

i think i have Never seen a quicksand cab-inna-half... just those 4-door crewcabs
I didn't think much about it when I put the request in for the truck at a regional toyota dealer in Boston ma. For the most part 2020 was a covid year where fewer tacomas were built. All I can say when I did the deal on my tacoma I went to 3 different local dealers which did a search within their range for the tacoma, and tech package options I wanted, and came up with nothing. The last one suggested I make a call to this big dealer in Boston which I did. The rest was history.

From Denton County It's an 11 hour drive to Pueblo, Colorado which is where I saw relatives. Ya know I lived Colorado most of my life and there really is a lot more Tacomas than I remember. And a ton of gen1's. I couldn't believe it.
Pueblo is 650 miles for me
Yet I cannot recall ever being through there!

Pueblo is 650 miles for me
Yet I cannot recall ever being through there!
You're not missing much. Huge city but its a dirty city. Hard to explain. Metro Denver and the Front Range are much more appealing. But everywhere in Colorado is sooo freaking expensive. That's one of the reasons why I moved back to Texas. I filled up the tank in Denton at $2.69 and filled up in Pueblo at $3.79. Crazy….

You're not missing much. Huge city but its a dirty city. Hard to explain. Metro Denver and the Front Range are much more appealing. But everywhere in Colorado is sooo freaking expensive. That's one of the reasons why I moved back to Texas. I filled up the tank in Denton at $2.69 and filled up in Pueblo at $3.79. Crazy….
that 379c is for their fancy 85 octane?

Back