is anybody here from Texas?

Staying busy with work I assume. No worries there. Gotta pay bills.
No haven't been particularly busy, my dumbphone has a mind of its own! Lol! Sometimes it lets me on here sometimes it doesn't and puts me on the Toyota Of Plano website or something! I think it's possessed! Lol! I just been too lazy to fire up the laptop and get on here when it does that!, just being honest! I spent Easter Sunday with family members and friends after church and had a backyard cookout, burgers and hotdogs! Right now I'm watching The Tales Of Wells Fargo on INSP!

No haven't been particularly busy, my dumbphone has a mind of its own! Lol! Sometimes it lets me on here sometimes it doesn't and puts me on the Toyota Of Plano website or something! I think it's possessed! Lol! I just been too lazy to fire up the laptop and get on here when it does that!, just being honest! I spent Easter Sunday with family members and friends after church and had a backyard cookout, burgers and hotdogs! Right now I'm watching The Tales Of Wells Fargo on INSP!
I'm watching Carlson on Fox. Man, did you see the interview he did last night with Trump ? Wow.

TexasBigBlue posted about being in the army, I never was in the military myself, in hindsight it probably would've been good for me though! My cousin did a hitch in the army back in the early to mid ,90s! He spent his whole time in Fort Sill, Oklahoma from boot camp all the way through, absolutely hated it because he wanted to get out away from his parents and Fort Sill was only a few hours drive for them! He did guard duty at the '96 Olympics in Georgia when they had the bombing, I think he was on inactive duty then!

TexasBigBlue posted about being in the army, I never was in the military myself, in hindsight it probably would've been good for me though! My cousin did a hitch in the army back in the early to mid ,90s! He spent his whole time in Fort Sill, Oklahoma from boot camp all the way through, absolutely hated it because he wanted to get out away from his parents and Fort Sill was only a few hours drive for them! He did guard duty at the '96 Olympics in Georgia when they had the bombing, I think he was on inactive duty then!
Did you mean "Active Duty" ? If he went from Ft Sill to the 96 Olyimpics in Georgia, he would have been in "TDY" status unless it was a full blown "PCS" to either Ft Benning, GA ,Ft Gordon, GA, or Ft Stewart, GA.

Funny my situation was the exact opposite of your cousin; When I enlisted I wanted to be as close to my moms and pops and cousins, etc, etc, in my home state of Colorado. Ft Carson was a 2-hour drive from the house and the recruiter said "yeah sure, no problem". They sent my a** to Korea for a year ! Go figure.

Nothing like a roadside field of Bluebonnets says Texas! This is in Balch Springs about a mile or so from my house! Stopped to take this pic this morning on my way to work!

Attachments

• 20230413_091723.jpg
    20230413_091723.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Did you mean "Active Duty" ? If he went from Ft Sill to the 96 Olyimpics in Georgia, he would have been in "TDY" status unless it was a full blown "PCS" to either Ft Benning, GA ,Ft Gordon, GA, or Ft Stewart, GA.

Funny my situation was the exact opposite of your cousin; When I enlisted I wanted to be as close to my moms and pops and cousins, etc, etc, in my home state of Colorado. Ft Carson was a 2-hour drive from the house and the recruiter said "yeah sure, no problem". They sent my a** to Korea for a year ! Go figure.
Not sure I was thinking inactive! I remember he was home but was still in reserves or something! He had to serve guard duty at the '96 Olympics in Georgia though!

Back