Lubricate propeller shaft interval

Is there a upgrade I'm not aware of. I don't think I have a propeller attached to my Taco.

But these guys do. Or should.

In Iraq in 2003 there were a plethora of old Soviet era Russian 5 ton size trucks around that we would “borrow” to get around. Those things rode like gut wagons but were impossible to kill.

I put all of my worn out work socks in a bag (after washing them) and save them for when I grease anything. Slip on a Harbor Freight black glove, slide the sock over your gloved hand and you have an easy way to wipe up any mess that you make. It's not like the old socks are good for anything else.

I put all of my worn out work socks in a bag (after washing them) and save them for when I grease anything. Slip on a Harbor Freight black glove, slide the sock over your gloved hand and you have an easy way to wipe up any mess that you make. It's not like the old socks are good for anything else.

Not a bad idea.
But your wife probably wonders why you have so many happy socks in the garage.

I wonder if the original poster was speaking of the slip joint in the driveshaft? All Tacomas have that, or no??

When can you tell that the joints no longer hold grease and are tired, shot, worn

I grease all fittings at every oil change. You cannot overfill the U joints because they are not fully sealed. Grease is flung from the caps as the shaft spins.

pushing new grease in is supposed to push the old grease out from somewhere in the joint so you can tell when all new grease is in there because that new grease will weep out?

Yeah, I've seen a few pickups with grease splattered all over the underside at the u-joints and yokes. LMAO
how about all over the muffler and fuel tank lol
unless my rig will no longer hold grease in that last joint by 3rd memeber i don't have clue why it so messy after a spell

Back