Need help with steering

Springhunter

New here so be easy on me. I've got a 2010 Tacoma sport long bed. I bought it last year from the original owner, it had the frame replaced two weeks before I bought it, under the factory recall. Bone stock when I bought it. I installed a 2.5" suspension lift in the front, with new upper and lower control arms, ball joints, replaced hub assemblies, have replaced the rack and pinion steering and a few other things. Everything is brand new as far as suspension on the truck.
That being said!!!! I still have a wobbly steering wheel. I feel like when I'm going over any type of bump or dip in a road I'm constantly getting my steering wheel rocking back and forth like crazy. I've had it into the suspension shop 9 times and they can't find anything.
Has anyone dealt with this? I love the truck, love the suspension but the steering is driving me nuts. Off road it's miserable to drive and that's what I bought it for. I don't know if it's from when they did the frame replacement or what? HELP!!!

Did you do the work yourself or have the shop do it? If the shop inspecting it did the work, try another shop. You'd be amazed how a different set of eyes, without skin in the game, can see things other miss.

New here so be easy on me. I've got a 2010 Tacoma sport long bed. I bought it last year from the original owner, it had the frame replaced two weeks before I bought it, under the factory recall. Bone stock when I bought it. I installed a 2.5" suspension lift in the front, with new upper and lower control arms, ball joints, replaced hub assemblies, have replaced the rack and pinion steering and a few other things. Everything is brand new as far as suspension on the truck.
That being said!!!! I still have a wobbly steering wheel. I feel like when I'm going over any type of bump or dip in a road I'm constantly getting my steering wheel rocking back and forth like crazy. I've had it into the suspension shop 9 times and they can't find anything.
Has anyone dealt with this? I love the truck, love the suspension but the steering is driving me nuts. Off road it's miserable to drive and that's what I bought it for. I don't know if it's from when they did the frame replacement or what? HELP!!!
Undo the plastic nuts and remove the plastic cover at the base of the steering column shaft where it enters the firewall. Examine the rag joint for slop:

Back