New Tacoma owner after 35 years with Ford Bronco

It looks like they might be direct bolt on with factory predrilled mounting holes?

It looks like they might be direct bolt on with factory predrilled mounting holes?
I asked the guy who made the videos on this and he said that they come with plastic inserts if there is no running board so I'll have to get some of them, I don't think it would be good to leave exposed holes there.

Thanks...

I asked the guy who made the videos on this and he said that they come with plastic inserts if there is no running board so I'll have to get some of them, I don't think it would be good to leave exposed holes there.

Thanks...
Coat those exposed threads with rustproofing of your desire as well so they don't start caking with crust for a future reinstall if your mind changes lol

I ended up leaving the side steps on, they work well for whenever the "boss" rides with me lol! And I kind of use the one on my driver side to help squeeze in there, I have to turn my body way to the right, put my right leg under the steering wheel and slide in, but I now put my left foot on the step and push myself in so I guess I'll keep them on. There's not a lot of room to get in there with the steering wheel so low and the low headroom but I manage.

I have some rubber mats in the garage where I park, mainly to cover up the big oil stain mark left even after cleaning up from the old Bronco, and yesterday I saw a few stain marks on it so I climbed under to look if anything was leaking and I didn't see anything and the oil level and other levels are fine so I am assuming it is some of the Fluid Film dripping from the heat. I rubbed my finger on it and it didn't leave much residue like oil or tranny fluid does, and it really didn't smell like oil so I am assuming it is a few drops of that which I'm sure can happen especially in the crazy heat we've been having.

But I am really starting to dig him, the Bronco is being worked on again so the new guy runs the show for me!

Well the learning curve continues with this Tacoma, about 10 days ago I thought I should put some dressing on the Tonneu cover to protect it from the UV rays so I used some Jay Leno tire and trim dressing and it looked great, I put it on (most likely a little too much) but I figured the hot sun would dry it and also wiped it down right afterwards, but we had rain a few days ago and it washed that dressing down the sides and back of the truck! I could get it off with Meguiar's Quick detailer, then wiped the cover down with a wet cloth and dried it, but today we got some more rain and it pushed some more over the sides and back, not as bad as before but enough to irk me. I took it to a local detail shop that I had called yesterday where the girl said take it to the car wash and high pressure wash it to speed up the removal of the dressing, and the when I went in today the boss helped me out, he brought out a spray bottle of a degreaser/cleaner and wiped it down which he thought might help, but I took it to the car wash after that and scrubbed it with the soft brush and foamy wash there, he didn't think that it would take much off but I can't see how it wouldn't, I'll find out the next time that it rains, and like he said it will eventually stop doing this but I don't want to be out there after every rainfall cleaning this off. He said it wouldn't damage the paint, it just looks stained, but I don't want that on there at all.

He said "you did a great job, you didn't miss any spots" and also said it wasn't a bad idea but said they use leather conditoner on these covers even though they are vinyl.

Stupid......just dumb on my part, but one day it'll stop I hope!:eek:

Well the learning curve continues with this Tacoma, about 10 days ago I thought I should put some dressing on the Tonneu cover to protect it from the UV rays so I used some Jay Leno tire and trim dressing and it looked great, I put it on (most likely a little too much) but I figured the hot sun would dry it and also wiped it down right afterwards, but we had rain a few days ago and it washed that dressing down the sides and back of the truck! I could get it off with Meguiar's Quick detailer, then wiped the cover down with a wet cloth and dried it, but today we got some more rain and it pushed some more over the sides and back, not as bad as before but enough to irk me. I took it to a local detail shop that I had called yesterday where the girl said take it to the car wash and high pressure wash it to speed up the removal of the dressing, and the when I went in today the boss helped me out, he brought out a spray bottle of a degreaser/cleaner and wiped it down which he thought might help, but I took it to the car wash after that and scrubbed it with the soft brush and foamy wash there, he didn't think that it would take much off but I can't see how it wouldn't, I'll find out the next time that it rains, and like he said it will eventually stop doing this but I don't want to be out there after every rainfall cleaning this off. He said it wouldn't damage the paint, it just looks stained, but I don't want that on there at all.

He said "you did a great job, you didn't miss any spots" and also said it wasn't a bad idea but said they use leather conditoner on these covers even though they are vinyl.

Stupid......just dumb on my part, but one day it'll stop I hope!:eek:
Use wolfsteins, or 303 for protecting these tonneau covers. The suns ultraviolet rays are one of the biggest enemy's.

Use wolfsteins, or 303 for protecting these tonneau covers. The suns ultraviolet rays are one of the biggest enemy's.
Well I think I got it to the point where there is still some protectant on there but not enough to drip in the rain, so that is much better.

What is the comsistency of the products you mentioned, are they liquid or a little more thick?

Well I think I got it to the point where there is still some protectant on there but not enough to drip in the rain, so that is much better.

What is the comsistency of the products you mentioned, are they liquid or a little more thick?
Their just a pump spray...the protectant itself is liquid looks just no fat milk, and goes on like armor-all.....even smells sort of like armor-all. Feels sort of greasy till it dries. The dealer supplied it to me when i brought the truck....says thats what they recommend. I just apply it once every 3- 4 months here. It seems to work fine.

Their just a pump spray...the protectant itself is liquid looks just no fat milk, and goes on like armor-all.....even smells sort of like armor-all. Feels sort of greasy till it dries. The dealer supplied it to me when i brought the truck....says thats what they recommend. I just apply it once every 3- 4 months here. It seems to work fine.
Thanks!

Back