Oil change

I did 3 times that for oil changes on my tundra 4.7 using mobil 1...no issues for nearly 300k when I sold the truck. It never touched a drop of oil, and ran strong. I even sent oil samples to Blackstone which claimed the oil was still good enough to run. Synthetics just don't go bad in 10k miles. 5k is back in the old mineral oil days when grandpa did oil changes.

I did 3 times that for oil changes on my tundra 4.7 using mobil 1...no issues for nearly 300k when I sold the truck. It never touched a drop of oil, and ran strong. I even sent oil samples to Blackstone which claimed the oil was still good enough to run. Synthetics just don't go bad in 10k miles. 5k is back in the old mineral oil days when grandpa did oil changes.

did U ever drop a scope and check out the innards?

No never would need to unless something internally was wrong, I do that for my snowmobile engine. I've seized enough pistons when I oval raced them. I even got the head chef award from other racers in my class back in 1990.

OIC

well it woulda been cool to see any buildUP or lack of buildUP with that synthetic 10k OCI to prove your point

i have a few halfassed pics of the top of my rigs cylinders of dino/semiSyn oil at 3k/5k/7k changed over 26+ years
...i wanted better quality pics but that is all the tech they had to use for these

335k compression scope ~ 2.jpeg

The type of oil isn't going to make any difference how your pistons appear unless your burning a fair amount every 100 miles. The quality of fuel you use is going to have a bigger effect over time.

Fixed it...dam spell check feature in this iMac changes words if they have the same amount of letters in them.
Tell me about it. I've had a MacBook Air for the last six years and I still don't know all the buttons and that auto spellcrap stuff. The only thing I learned on this keyboard is if you depress the "option" button and the "4" button at the same time it gives you the ole "¢". Just my 2¢. No pun intended. :rolleyes:

Oil threads get to be hilarious, especially if you hear what some do for their new tacoma's. Many claim to change their oil in the first 350 miles, then 1k miles later again, and every 3k after that. You think you were back in grand pa's day with mineral oils that hadn't the additive packages like todays synthetic's, plus the engines back then were not as efficient as the ones we have today, requiring longer oil change intervals.

Back