ordering from factory???

gar

Hi I am planning on ordering a 2016 tacoma soon and was looking at the Toyota build your own website. In my area code it shows a TRD OFFROAD is not available in BLUE or Inferno??? If I get the dealer to order one for me from the factory can they get it in these colors?

I was having the same question with my dealer. I want the premium and tech package on a TRD Sport but toyotas build-your-own site says I can only get it on a red or quicksand color. My dealer assured me I can get the package on any color. We will see. I'm not ordering until next year.

I would be careful what your dealer tells you. A special order at this point seems to take 6-12 months and getting the options you want when changing a dealer allocated vehicle can take up to 6 months.
Average seems to be 2-4 months. It all depends on what your looking to add.
I had my dealer change an allocation to my wants: 16' TRD off road, inferno, long bed, double cab, premium & tech package, tow package, all weather floor mats, black rims, tonneau cover.
Toyota constantly refused to combo. I waited 4 months to get what I did and that's minus the black rims and tonneau.
Ask your dealer about a special order and an changing an allocation.

Good luck!

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno

Ordered mine 13 Feb. Found out today mine is scheduled to be built on 21 Mar. Should get it around end of April/beginning of May.

Bri, still waiting on mine also, how were able to find out when it was scheduled to be built? Ordered mine beginning of Feb. I was given the VIN but no estimate on completion.

I ordered mine November 18, White TRD sport 4X4 with F FP premium package. Build date is set for March 23rd with delivery scheduled for some time in April...pretty much a 4 and a half month wait.

I ordered mine November 18, White TRD sport 4X4 with F FP premium package. Build date is set for March 23rd with delivery scheduled for some time in April...pretty much a 4 and a half month wait.
How did you find out build and delivery date?

I was originally told my truck would take 8 to 12 weeks for it to arrive at the dealership from my sales rep. At the 8 week mark I called and they told me there's a delay on the production and it would now take 12 to 14 weeks. When the 13 week came around I called and told them I need answers or I'm walking out. They told me my truck wasn't even built yet, but he was able to get me on a list for an exact build date of march 23rd. I was pretty upset considering the fact that it's been 13 weeks of waiting and nothing!

So I guess come middle of April I'll see if the sales rep was telling the truth or not.

LEDAVE.... I just asked the dealer and they looked it up in their system and they said I had a build date of the 21st and it would be about another month after the build date to get here. However you know how these things go. So you never know.

They told me that they also have a temp VIN but I forgot to get that from them.

I called the dealer today and they gave me my Temp VIN. The temporary has the last digits that specify it will be made the 11th week on the 21st. That's March 21st. Get your temp vin and that should tell you when it's scheduled to be made.

I called the dealer today and they gave me my Temp VIN. The temporary has the last digits that specify it will be made the 11th week on the 21st. That's March 21st. Get your temp vin and that should tell you when it's scheduled to be made.
Thats weird because the last 6 on my VIN are 11B361:mad:

Ya, you might want to check on that because mine was 11b321
Thanks for the advice...called and they said it is set to be built on the 15th and should arrive 3 weeks later. Good luck!! It will be interesting to see if that is the truth or were they just trying to tell me what I wanted hear.

Cool... Glad to hear that. If all goes as they say, we both should be getting ours around the same time. When you do, post some pics and I'll do the same.

Back